Crash 'n Burn differences

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Crash 'n Burn differences

Post by bitrate » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 am

Here are some pictures showing five different packaging versions of Crash 'n Burn and four different Crash 'n Burn disks.

In the pictures below, the components of each release are lined up in rows.

The first row containing two pictures shows an early store demo box for the game. It is an empty box sealed in cellophane with what appears to be a scaled-up version of the artwork used for the instruction manual in the pack-in version of the game.

Pictures on the second row down are of a Korean version of Crash 'n Burn. It comes with a jewel case sized instruction booklet (in Korean, of course).
The disk resembles the US give away (pack-in) version of Crash 'n Burn in that it is mostly clear. It differs from the US give away version in that it has Goldstar written on it, a Korean translation of "Crash 'n Burn", and the words "Crash 'n Burn" above the Korean translation are silver with a blue background (as opposed to blue with a silver background as the US give away version has).

The third row down contains pictures of the Japanese version of Crash 'n Burn. Upon first inspection, it looks somewhat similar to the US pack-in version of the game. Being a Japanese release, it did not come in a long box and instead was sealed in cellophane inside of a jewel case with an associated spine card. The cover artwork is unique as is the jewel case backing design.
The disk is almost identical to the US pack-in version of the game with the exception that the color of the "Crash 'n Burn" label is orange instead of blue and the Crystal Dynamics logo is black instead of blue.

The Crash 'n Burn release in the fourth row down is the pack-in version of the game. This version of the game is much more common than the other two versions as it was included with the purchase of many 3DO systems and has the "NOT FOR RESALE" stamp on the back insert. It comes with the silver (uncolored) disk.

The fifth and final row version of Crash 'n Burn release is the stand-alone version of the game. It possesses the red colored disk with black lettering and large instruction booklet. The long-box version is difficult to come by as so many copies of the game were given away as pack-ins that few people bothered to purchase the stand-along long-box version.

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by bitrate on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 am

Very interesting, especially the discs being different. KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

dazzadasha
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dazzadasha » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:59 am

Care to part with one-
make me an offer- :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Pretty cool bitrate!

I remember the Korean copy grabbing my eye when it was on Ebay. Nice to see some additional pics.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Trev wrote:Pretty cool bitrate!

I remember the Korean copy grabbing my eye when it was on Ebay. Nice to see some additional pics.

Yeah, it was nice to add the Korean one to the collection. Upon examinging more Crash 'n Burn copies I noticed that I need to add the Japanese version to this post. The Japanese version has a red lettered "Crash 'n Burn" on the disk and the jewel case has a couple of differences as well.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:07 am

I've updated this thread with more information and a couple of new entries including a pretty rate store demo box for the game.