RARE ROMZ - TEH WAREZ - ISO - DUMPS - Yeah, that stuff.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

RARE ROMZ - TEH WAREZ - ISO - DUMPS - Yeah, that stuff.

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 am

I don't want any talk of ROM dumping, or requests for ROM dumping. Not that I care about piracy.

I want to keep bad blood to minimum. I really do.

I get asked, thanks to the wonder that is my blog, three or four times a week for ROMS. And I ignore them. And it makes me feel bad.

Why? Answer: I just don't want to dump my games. Sounds mean right? Sure it does. It wouldn't cost me anything. I don't fear the copyrighters, I'm sure they couldn't care less about 3DO to be honest. If I wanted to, it would be easy enough to do without being traced.

But...

It's just part of it is that is simply that it's mine. Not yours. It's a pretty deep rooted emotion. Maybe it stems from when we, the human-race, lived in caves or something, and parting with anything meant that part of genepool could potentially freeze or starve to death.

Thing is you see, if my brother came round and asked for a copy of every 3DO game I had, I'd probably sit there like a moron copying them all for him. And there are a few guys on here that I would do that for too. Mind you, they've never asked, and probably won't as their collections are superior to mine. (Hard, as that is to imagine!)

It's weird, I know, I can't justify the argument, and from the other side of the fence it doesn't make any sense. I know. But that's the way it is.

I'm not a mean person. I like to think there are a couple of people on here that will stand up for me on that score. Don't by the way.

Saying "No" or ignoring people makes me feel bad. Makes me feel awkward.

So -- new rule:

If someone wants to dump a ROM, they will, if they don't, they won't. Playground rules: Askers don't get.

BTW: I'm only saying this, so we keep bad-blood to a minimum. I really hope you all understand.

EDIT: I do agree with the pestering of anyone with a rare game to get screen shots and YouTube videos made. That's the least they can do. Myself included.

AlexSan der Move

Re: RARE ROMZ - TEH WAREZ - ISO - DUMPS - Yeah, that stuff.

Post by AlexSan der Move » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 am

3DOKid wrote:I don't want any talk of ROM dumping, or requests for ROM dumping. Not that I care about piracy.

I want to keep bad blood to minimum. I really do.

I get asked, thanks to the wonder that is my blog, three or four times a week for ROMS. And I ignore them. And it makes me feel bad.

Why? Answer: I just don't want to dump my games. Sounds mean right? Sure it does. It wouldn't cost me anything. I don't fear the copyrighters, I'm sure they couldn't care less about 3DO to be honest. If I wanted to, it would be easy enough to do without being traced.

But...

It's just part of it is that is simply that it's mine. Not yours. It's a pretty deep rooted emotion. Maybe it stems from when we, the human-race, lived in caves or something, and parting with anything meant that part of genepool could potentially freeze or starve to death.

Thing is you see, if my brother came round and asked for a copy of every 3DO game I had, I'd probably sit there like a moron copying them all for him. And there are a few guys on here that I would do that for too. Mind you, they've never asked, and probably won't as their collections are superior to mine. (Hard, as that is to imagine!)

It's weird, I know, I can't justify the argument, and from the other side of the fence it doesn't make any sense. I know. But that's the way it is.

I'm not a mean person. I like to think there are a couple of people on here that will stand up for me on that score. Don't by the way.

Saying "No" or ignoring people makes me feel bad. Makes me feel awkward.

So -- new rule:

If someone wants to dump a ROM, they will, if they don't, they won't. Playground rules: Askers don't get.

BTW: I'm only saying this, so we keep bad-blood to a minimum. I really hope you all understand.

EDIT: I do agree with the pestering of anyone with a rare game to get screen shots and YouTube videos made. That's the least they can do. Myself included.
3DO Company is NO MORE! 3DO project is CLOUS'D! All information of this project is FREE statment. PIRACY???!!! Whary you tolking about???

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 am

Whilst the 3DO company no longer exists the isos and roms are protected legally by the owners of their IPs. Many of these IPs and companies are still in business today - so if you want to go ahead and anger someone like EA by dumping Need for Speed ROMs then go ahead - just not on this forum OK!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:04 am

Abandonware is not legal. It's just that no one gives a crap.

AlexSan der Move

Post by AlexSan der Move » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 am

mattyg wrote:Whilst the 3DO company no longer exists the isos and roms are protected legally by the owners of their IPs. Many of these IPs and companies are still in business today - so if you want to go ahead and anger someone like EA by dumping Need for Speed ROMs then go ahead - just not on this forum OK!
That's just the point that legally the project 3DO is closed and the companies which participated in him, cannot participate in it any more even if want. All games which have been let out by these companies, were exposed to licensing by the company 3DO which does not exist any more in general. That all ends to cut, the information is in free using. Time you such correct, fair and clever can will give me the address and the settlement account of that company which I should remit money for purchase and for delivery of that it is necessary for me and can will tell, what percent of money was received by these companies of what someone sell their production each other in originals??? Nobody will tell! :) Because all it is not correct, and nobody go run to make for me disks even if I will try to pay for them the developer. The proof to that is also that fact, what even the existing companies do not continue to let out already published games for 3DO. Really all it is not convincing for you? :) I invite all interested persons on the Russian site of fans 3DO and other consoles - tv-games.ru

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 am

I give up!

IP's are IP's - doesn't matter which system

If I wanted a Rolex I wouldn't buy a bunch of fakes and pass them around. I'd save up and buy the real thing (I don't like them or want one by the way). In this forum we all feel the same way about our games - you may call it selfish but I would prefer to see it as not settling for second best.
It is the trading of ROMs whether legally or illegally that forces the prices up on new games. If I spend time and money on tracking down a unique original I will not dump it - its my money and my hardwork - period.
I like seeing info and pictures of what others have acheived and it motivates me to do the same - I respect the fact that they do not dump roms.
If you want to discuss gameplay or titles , if you want to talk about 3DO with others or just talk about gaming in general then this is the place. If you just want to trade iso's and roms then please leave us alone.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

AlexSan der Move

Post by AlexSan der Move » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

And wath about ELITE and OLDERGAMES who made POWERSLIDE and OnSide Soccer???? Whare you say about this????????!!!!!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 pm

I never mentioned piracy as a reason for not trading ROMs. I just don't want to do it, and I don't want posts regarding the dumping of ROMS on this forum.

There are plenty of places out there, Google is your friend.

I also don't want people pestering forum members for ROMS. One PM on the subject of ROMS is acceptable, more than one, and I get a complaint, and I just ban people.

I hope that that is fully understood.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 am

AlexSan der Move wrote:And wath about ELITE and OLDERGAMES who made POWERSLIDE and OnSide Soccer???? Whare you say about this????????!!!!!
ELITE ended up SELLING the rights to make copies of those games. OlderGames did turn out to be scamming as he was a middle-man and Good Deal Games was the one who had paid for the rights to sell them.

As for abandonware, it is a grey area, and it can hurt companies. You could claim it's ok to download Turbografx-16 games or NEO-GEO games because the console is no longer being supported however the games from those consoles are being re-released, sold and the companies are making money on them again... on the Wii! Not to mention all the classic arcade games like PAC-MAN, Centipede ect. get put on multi-pacs all the time. Some of these companies still make money on some of these games.

Maybe because people download ROMs instead of buying an "Arcade Classics" CD for a current system the company's profit margin would dip, little Billy's dad would get laid off and they would have to sell his 360 just so they can eat.

I'm not saying that all roms are bad and shouldn't be made available, I'm saying people can still get into deep sh*t because of them and we don't want that on our forum.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 am

The reality of it all is that more than likely nothing will happen, and no one will get into any trouble at all. At most the worse that can happen is a slap on the hand and a "don't do that". But even though the chances are slim, why take the chance? I can think of a bunch of places that you can get ROMS, hell I even get them myself. But any smart individual should be able to figure out how to get them from websites, torrents, or whatever.

I think you are mistaken that we are telling you that roms are bad. Many of us like roms, trust us. We just keep it out of the forum as per the request of the administrators. It's simple, abide by their rules or leave. I personally like it here, so I will abide by the rules.

And it's true, yeah some of the stuff is old, and you THINK that it's not worth anything anymore, but like mentioned A LOT of classics have been re-released and they are still making money on them! That's one reason why Nintendo is so hard on people supplying roms, even the old NES roms.

And it's not like we can't talk about them either.

As 3DOKid had previously stated in the first post "If someone wants to dump a ROM, they will, if they don't, they won't. Playground rules: Askers don't get."

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 am

And you dont want to be the one that gets made an example of when some lawyer is having a bad day because starbucks got his order wrong.

also, you know how many packages of ramen noodles you can buy when you sell a 360. lol.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:55 am

Normally you'd eat ramen noodles to save up to BUY a 3DO. Who in their right mind would sell one?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 pm

BryWI, you crack me up.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:09 am

Someone has to be the comic relief! :)

ok for serious thread now, my two pesos on the subject. I have always liked the internet playing a big part in the digital preservation of old consoles. Im sure others agree too. But there is a time and place for it, and this is just not it.

Speaking of preservation, I heard that when certain big chain video game stores have a bunch of old stuff they no longer want to sell, they end up destroying them eventualy. Which really sucks. I really did want a copy of Madden 07. Ok, I lied about madden. But when they start destroying games that are actually worth something to people who collect them, it is a bit upseting. It can make it more difficult for people to find. I wonder how much 3do stuff found a fate such as that.

I was still buying old NES carts in the mid to late 90s. Always had a love for nintendo, but im sure somewhere some carts were deemed worthless and just destroyed.

I think I went off topic here again. sorry. I didn't mean it this time. I got a bit passionate with my speech, err umm... I mean text.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I know what you mean, EB changed their policies (because they had already been bought up) and when they became Game Stop two years later they stopped selling old console carts, not counting Game Boys. What happened to all those carts and early CD based games? Crunch crunch... they went into a grinder. Millions of games destroyed! It makes you wish they'd go belly up and the people who decided to turn the games into landfill end up in jail. :evil:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

AlexSan der Move

Post by AlexSan der Move » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 pm

And here to delete mine posts it is not necessary! The eye truth cuts, yes???!! I have written that you not absolutely correctly have understood me: I wish to buy ORIGINALS, but they anywhere are not on sale any more. Sell to me originals!!! Who to me will sell originals of what I want??? 3DO Experience, you will sell? Besides really some games also are republished, but they are not issued more for OLD consoles and can simply disappear from the face of the earth, as some animals. Therefore our problem, a problem of collectors, - to KEEP all that at us is, and to give the chance to people to see about what for a long time it is forgotten! IT is the PURPOSE of the TRUE COLLECTOR! Somebody can sell to me ORIGINALS of what it is necessary for me? If yes, for how many?:)

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:24 pm

AlexSan der Move wrote:And here to delete mine posts it is not necessary!
Your posts are in separate topic now. And there is no need to SCREAM about it.

P.S. Only for AlexSan der Move: Мы все поняли твою позицию, но правила форума непоколебимы ;-)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:31 am

I split your topic and put it in The Marketplace.
This is the incorrect thread to try to buy originals in and certainly not roms.

I also cannot personally sell you OnSide or PowerSlide as I do not have extras. I have included a link to the people who actually bought the rights from Elite to sell these games in my response to the topic I split off for you. I hope this helps you.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"