Homebrew game - Vigoroth the delivery man 3DO (Updated !)

Tools and projects

Is my game working well on real hardware ?

It works like on 4DO !
14%
It works well but the game sometimes slowdown
No votes
No , the game doesn't work
29%
I can't test or I don't have a CD-R to burn your game
57%

Total votes: 7

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by blabla » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 am

thanks mate , at least i know that the version 1.0 works well !
Well , i think i fix it... (I'm still not sure...)
If someone wants to waste a cd and try the alpha version , here's the link :

Alpha 1 FreeDeliver v1.2 EDIT : Alpha 1 doesn't work on real hardware , Download the alpha 2 v1.2

FreeDeliver will be the "Legal" version of Vigoroth the delivery man which means the game will not have any proprietary contents. It's not done yet but i'll finish it later...
Last edited by blabla on Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 am

blabla wrote:thanks mate , at least i know that the version 1.0 works well !
Well , i think i fix it... (I'm still not sure...)
If someone wants to waste a cd and try the alpha version , here's the link :

Alpha 1 FreeDeliver v1.2

FreeDeliver will be the "Legal" version of Vigoroth the delivery man which means the game will not have any proprietary contents. It's not done yet but i'll finish it later...
I'll give version 1.2 a go and see what happens man. Hopefully, with a little luck and your know how, it got fixed! I got me some Taiyo Yuden discs here, so no biggie. The best you can get outside of the originals, which are what I generally have anyway!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, the update is that the game doesn't work in Version 1.2 either, sadly. It does the same thing that version 1.1 did. You pick the language and then it boots right back to the 3DO Logo, wash, rinse, repeat. Like I said, version 1.0 works no problems. Any luck getting in touch with cdoty? :wink:

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by blabla » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Well, the update is that the game doesn't work in Version 1.2 either, sadly. It does the same thing that version 1.1 did. You pick the language and then it boots right back to the 3DO Logo, wash, rinse, repeat. Like I said, version 1.0 works no problems. Any luck getting in touch with cdoty? :wink:
oh this is bad... and i sent a pm to cdoty trough his facebook page and i still get no answer... (How can i contact him ?)
I will try to release two versions sunday : one version without sound and another version which will allocate less memory...
Thanks T2KFreeker , may your cd rest in peace.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:18 am

blabla wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Well, the update is that the game doesn't work in Version 1.2 either, sadly. It does the same thing that version 1.1 did. You pick the language and then it boots right back to the 3DO Logo, wash, rinse, repeat. Like I said, version 1.0 works no problems. Any luck getting in touch with cdoty? :wink:
oh this is bad... and i sent a pm to cdoty trough his facebook page and i still get no answer... (How can i contact him ?)
I will try to release two versions sunday : one version without sound and another version which will allocate less memory...
Thanks T2KFreeker , may your cd rest in peace.
No biggie man. Yeah, hopefully trying to allocate less memory will fix the issue. Would be nice to hear the music on this. :wink:

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by blabla » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Here's the new alpha version :
http://goo.gl/Q73sb

I thought that maybe the language screen select was the problem so i removed it. This version allocate much less memory for sound effect and music.

Voila...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 am

Perhaps it will be good luck since it released on my Birthday. lol

I'll let you know what happens.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm

The new alpha version does not work on real hardware.

1.0 Stable version test results:
WORKED Panasonic REAL 3DO FZ-1
WORKED Panasonic REAL 3DO FZ-10
FAILED Goldstar 3DO
WORKED Sanyo 3DO

Tested all four mini games on each system. They all worked fine however when having to catch the 3DO's the M2 had no sound when collected. As for it's failure on the Goldstar model it would not even get to the banner screen. This however is somewhat hopeful meaning it could have been the disc as Goldstars do not like CD-R's (but is also the case with Sanyos). Although this disc was burnt as slowest possible speed and I tested other media burned on another disc from the same spindle.

If someone else want to try it on their Goldstar I would like to know the results. Mine is the version where the lens is on the the tray (first version?).

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by blabla » Thu May 23, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks 3DO Experience for your report !
It's really bad that the alpha version doesn't work and i'm still wondering why the alpha version works perfectly on an emulator but fails to boot on the real system. Did you get the banner screen with the alpha version ?
For version 1.0 , i was suspecting it would not work on the goldstar. (3do goldstar are not able to play backup so i can't do much sorry)

Here's a new alpha version but this time , it has no sound at all.
http://goo.gl/mQtR5

You can still enjoy the version 1.0 !

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu May 23, 2013 2:13 am

3DO Experience wrote:If someone else want to try it on their Goldstar I would like to know the results. Mine is the version where the lens is on the the tray (first version?).
There are versions without this feature? Interesting, I thought all Goldstars had the lens on the tray.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat May 25, 2013 5:37 pm

blabla wrote:...Did you get the banner screen with the alpha version ?
For version 1.0 , i was suspecting it would not work on the goldstar. (3do goldstar are not able to play backup so i can't do much sorry)
Yes the bannerscreen came up but then it just reboots.
Goldstars not being able to play backups is a myth, they are just extremely picky when it comes to burnt discs.
Austin wrote:There are versions without this feature? Interesting, I thought all Goldstars had the lens on the tray.
There is a post somewhere in here about later(?) versions having the lens inside and just a tray come out.