Russian translation of Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S

Tools and projects
goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Russian translation of Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S

Post by goldenband » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 am

Just discovered that there's also a complete Russian translation of Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S. Those Russian hackers have been busy! :)

Sadly it looks to be mostly image-editing work (which is labor-intensive), but it's still good to know that a translation is clearly possible.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Russian translation of Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S

Post by a31chris » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:39 am

Wait, 3DO was sold in Russia?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Yeah, it was apparently a minor success in Russia. I don't know whether the leftover stock came from Japan or Korea, but unsold 3DOs seem to have ended up there and attained some degree of popularity. Maybe a Russian-speaking colleague can tell us more?

Versus

Post by Versus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 am

a31chris wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:39 am
Yes! Don't know from which countries they came.

Optimus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Optimus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am

a31chris wrote:
But from what I see there is a big Russian community around 3DO, a whole forum in Russian and they work on some emulators, tools, etc.
I don't know why 3DO was so popular in Russia but that's cool (I only need to visit the Russian forum more often and use google translator, there are lot's of technical discussion there)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am

According to VladR there was an embargo on those things in that area in early 90s so he missed the whole console thing of that era
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Versus

Post by Versus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:05 am

Optimus wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am
a31chris wrote:
But from what I see there is a big Russian community around 3DO, a whole forum in Russian and they work on some emulators, tools, etc.
I don't know why 3DO was so popular in Russia but that's cool (I only need to visit the Russian forum more often and use google translator, there are lot's of technical discussion there)
Please feel free to ask me for more accurate (than google translate) translation from Russian if needed.