IDE adaptor

Homebrew and Mods (For Software & Hardware)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 am

Personally i am ready, but i dont mind waiting for other people. Also, 3DO Experience has not yet heard back from his contact.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Well my contact has gotten back to me since my last post but there is no word from Mnemo. :/
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:56 am

Well, im in no rush. But would be good to get update reports from Mnemo at least.

mabby
3DO ZERO USER

fz10

Post by mabby » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Just got me an fz10 off evilbay so I dont have to multilate my fz1 or be the guinea pig for fz1 fitment of ide - So I am ready

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 am

Any love from Russia yet?

Versus

Post by Versus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am

Mnemo said that few existing adapters will be sold in Russia. The next bulk will be ready not so soon. The reason is about components for hardware.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 am

Im not in any rush, but does he have any idea of a time frame? within 6 months?

Versus

Post by Versus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:32 am

I really don't know... He must come to Moscow to buy it and then visit a factory to order a PCBs.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Thank you for posting Versus. I was away for a few days.

PsychShaman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by PsychShaman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 am

StoneAgeGamer said he will be selling these from his store. If that's the case, I'm out of the group buy. Sorry...

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

PsychShaman wrote:StoneAgeGamer said he will be selling these from his store. If that's the case, I'm out of the group buy. Sorry...
Be sure to watch out like a hawk then. If you are buying from him, expect them to be sold out almost immediately.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

You'd prolly end up paying more too.

Austin

Post by Austin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:43 am

StoneAgeGamer posted today that he got some in. He wasn't sure about dealing with who provides these, so to test the waters he ordered a small amount (apparently). Not sure how many that is, but he is going to test one out. I am assuming the others (if he ordered multiples) will be available shortly thereafter.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/12 ... try2594396

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:49 am

I really hope this doesn't fowl things up with us getting ours.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 am

If it does, im hugely disapointed in the guy who makes these.. Unless im wrong, he was comitted to making these for us if we got 10 people wanting them, and we have that.

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jasonbar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:01 pm

It's been a month. A friendly bump & a reminder that I'm rarin' to go on this! :]

Thanks,
-Jason

mabby
3DO ZERO USER

ide

Post by mabby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Me too - What's the update on the ide adapter

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:28 am

I've heard nothing. Any news Versus?

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jasonbar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 pm

December bump!

Stone-Age Gamer has some in hand & is evaluating them. It will probably take a while to gel, though. I just got his Turbo EverDrive Deluxe & it is a goooorgeous product with top-notch packaging!!! (It took him a while to iron out the details of such a slick product.)

-Jason

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Seems like we're getting screwed in favour of Stoneage Gamer then...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Just lovely.... I hope they don't jack up the price on it.

As far as the Turbo EverDrive goes, it's great to see a SD version, there have been several flash cards but never big enough for a full collection at once. However the price is pretty high and they don't mention it fitting the DUO at all on the page. If I didn't already have a flash card I would consider it after contacting them to insure it doesn't have any DUO issues. Are you using it with the DUO or another system? I would worry that with so much bulk there could be an issue. They could also cut down on the price by not going so wild with it, big orange case, gold-plated screws... geeze.

PS. [EDIT] I just saw the budget model. That shouldn't have a DUO issue. Still wondering if the other one would fit.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah, that's the deluxe model you are looking it. It took him a lot of time and effort to get that figured out, so I don't blame him for the high price. The bare board works just as well and is half the price (Since I sold most of my PCE games, I might be purchasing one of those tonight, actually).

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Im guessing they will jack up the price significantly. I could be wrong though, but Stone-age Gamer, whilst usually getting these types of things in larger quantities, also is usually more expensive than other online shops who carry the same thing.. Talking about the Flash-carts from that guy in eastern europe in particular.. I forget his nick.. but if you have a Ever-drive or such thats the guy making them.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Generally the bare flash cart boards are a little bit cheaper straight from the source. My guess is that the IDE adapter will be a little bit more expensive, but I doubt by much. Now if he starts selling them with hard drives, or decides that he can handle the mod himself and sell fully modded FZ-10 units, then yeah, the price is going to shoot up (for good reason).

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 am

Id rather get it from the russian guy who makes them, than an american reseller (where im also likely to pay 30% in additional import related fees at that).. Then i know there wont be any unecessary mark-ups for stuff i never asked for. Not gonna pay mark-ups for fancy packaging... If it comes with it without significant mark up, like the Skunboard i purchased, im happy and will keep it minty fresh. But not at the mark-ups Stone-age gamer uses.

If people wanna buy at his prices, and evidently they do, thats fine. I wont though.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:45 am

grimm wrote:Id rather get it from the russian guy who makes them, than an american reseller (where im also likely to pay 30% in additional import related fees at that)..
Obviously that makes more sense for you--IIRC, you don't live in the US. If you want just the board only, you are much better off buying from a source closer to you.

Shopping around, the multiple sources that ship worldwide offer the various Everdrives for roughly the same price.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 am

Shopping around, i find Stoneage gamer always at the high point though. Never the low point, and that is compared to other US based shops..

But yeah i dont require fancy boxes for things like these. they arnt really collectors items. Though i must admit, the new turbo everdrive box looked very professional.. but 50 bucks upmark for it? no way.

So even had i lived in the states, which thanfully i dont, id shop elsewhere most likely. But to each their own. Im sure there are people who like paying extra for those boxes and stickers and stuff.

BTW, yeah, im in Sweden. where nothing like this is cheap, if even available. Import is the only option regardless.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:07 pm

grimm wrote:Shopping around, i find Stoneage gamer always at the high point though. Never the low point, and that is compared to other US based shops..

But yeah i dont require fancy boxes for things like these. they arnt really collectors items. Though i must admit, the new turbo everdrive box looked very professional.. but 50 bucks upmark for it? no way.

So even had i lived in the states, which thanfully i dont, id shop elsewhere most likely. But to each their own. Im sure there are people who like paying extra for those boxes and stickers and stuff.

BTW, yeah, im in Sweden. where nothing like this is cheap, if even available. Import is the only option regardless.
I dont agree at all. Stoneage is pretty competitive with their pricing. They also have the no frills version of items if they are available.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Its ok to disagree. I probably havent found all those who carry these things, but from what ive found, SAG is definetly in the more expensive range. But like i said, i probably havent found all these shops so i could be wrong.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 pm

I have to agree that I've found Stoneage to be more expensive than most stores selling the same types of products. Sometimes the board-only versions can still be much more than their competition. I would say you have to shop around but it's not that hard a lot of the time.

Luckily I don't see a fancy box version of the 3DO IDE since it installs inside the console and never comes out.