Retro platform repairs-Australia

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Retro platform repairs-Australia

Post by tinman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 am

I've returned to this forum after a fairly long absence..I see it's just hanging in there :o

Just wondering with the Australian contributors to this forum, do they have a recommended repairer for their consoles, because at least two of my four 3do consoles need a bit of love and I'm kind of getting scared to use the others in case they too also break.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Retro platform repairs-Australia

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi mate, life is too short to worry about breaking things. Your going to have to be your own 3DO repairer. Post your findings here for future generations like those annoying little Millennials. I blame anything i can on them these days, forget about the guns..i have access to four chainsaws, so i'd like to see them complain to me directly. :mrgreen:
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Retro platform repairs-Australia

Post by tinman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks for the sage advice Dr E. 8)

I to am W.A. based (North of the river).

I have tinkered around with a Dreamcast before, and I suppose I have nothing to lose in trying to fix the broken 3DO's but I'm not about to drop $$ at Jaycar buying soldering irons and other electronics repair equipment and consumables, when I have no idea what I'm doing (YouTube instructional videos aside). Perhaps I will when console #4 finally dies.

Cheers! :D