Woody Woodpecker codec

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER

Woody Woodpecker codec

Post by ATARI5200 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Greetings all... I'm sure this is a very old subject in this forum, however... Can anyone assist me with figuring out how to create my own personal cd+g/vcd playable disc for the 3do. I am really fond of this system and would love to make more use of it, regardless to the advances in technology i.e. dvd and blu-ray. In my opinion the WWP series and Batman sampler are great examples of the non-game interactivity of the greatest system (@ lest in my opinion). If there is a way... I figured the answers my be available within this forum. HELP PLEEEAAASE!!!!

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 am

I'm not entirely certain the 3DO can play VCD format on it's own. I think that there was some hardware VCD add-on to the 3DO. Do you have one of these? I'll bet someone could find some freeware software that could convert to VCD. I'm kinda doubting you have one though...

To get a video to play on a "normal" 3DO that didn't have this, I think you'd have to "master" your own game CD using the 3DO SDK for macintosh 7.5.1. This would be pretty complicated. I think it would have to include that special hack floating that allows unlicensed games to work (like Icebreaker 2). So, from that perspective, it's technically possible. :?

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ATARI5200 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for the tip! I am by no means a programmer nor do I own the VCD adapter. I just assumed there would be a way to play vcd's since we were afforded examples of this with wwp series and other demos. Plus the fact that this is old technology I also assumed there would be backwards compatible encoding software or whatever because the tech is old! Appreciate the response greatly, finding relative info proves cumbersome