PAL 3DO ?

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

PAL 3DO ?

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

Just wondering, had 2 FZ-10's in 95. one PAL and the other NTSC. Bought the second one to be able to game in fullscreen because my games were displayed in letterbox format, all the games i had were longbox NTSC versions.

Don't have the consoles anymore but i want to buy another one, does the PAL version of Need for speed run in full screen on a PAL machine or is it just a rebranded NTSC game ? I've rounded up a few 3DO's here in sweden but all 3 (FZ-1, FZ-10 and a goldstar) are PAL and it would be a dealbreaker if i can't run it in fullscreen.

Please advise if you can.

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm

No one knows ? Can't find any info whatsoever about the released pal versions, if they run in fullscreen on pal machines or not, hoped that this was the place to go but i guess a majority of the members are from ntsc regions with not much experience in pal stuff.

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm in the UK, but I only use NTSC 3DOs purely for this reason, although I can't remember if NFS has borders, but road Rash does on a PAL system IIRC.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Ill plug in my pal console later and check NFS borders for you. If i recall correctly though, it is one of the games with borders

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

It does indeed default to borders in PAL
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:08 am

Ah, good, then i dont have to dig out my pal system hehe.. I was just about to, but good that i checked here first.

To the original poster though, i advice on getting a japanese unit. It may be more expensive to import one here to sweden, but you will have no compatibility issues at all if you go with a FZ-1 or -10. Kanji is there, 60hz is there. Good to go on halfway modern EU tv.

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks guys, guess i'll have to buy a jap machine, sadly though my samsung plasma doesn't support ntsc :( Bought it a year ago and it feels a bit premature to buy a new one.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 pm

What? You bought a new tv which does not support NTSC?

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 pm

grimm wrote:What? You bought a new tv which does not support NTSC?
Yea well, Samsung doesn't sell multistandard tv's at all according to their chatsupport. Should have gotten a Sony or something instead but the Samsung was on sale and dirtcheap as it wasn't exacly their latest model. Works great for my 360 and PS3, movies etc but at the time i never figured i would get bitten by the 3DO bug again.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Mmmm, doesn't sound right - pretty much every samsung tv sold here in Australia from the late 90's was NTSC compatible
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Sammysung
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sammysung » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:32 am

Yea i thought that sounded strange aswell but i asked through samsungs support chat, wonder why he would give me misleading information, that's weird.

Checked when i bought mine and it was in 2010, not last year, mine doesn't support both pal and ntsc as far as i can tell anyway. Model number PS50B535S2WXXE