FZ-1 won't turn on

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Lady-Xythis
3DO ZERO USER

FZ-1 won't turn on

Post by Lady-Xythis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Greetings and salutations! I just posted in the welcome forum, but here's the gist: I had never seen or heard of a 3D0 until yesterday when I found one at Goodwill and bought it simply because I had no idea what the hell it was and that made me curious. While doing some research on the web, I found my way here. The problem I have is this: while the system is BEAUTIFUL - very clean, still in the box with paperwork and accessories, and looks like it was hardly ever taken out - it unfortunately will not turn on. I wondered if anyone here has experienced this problem and might be able to offer suggestions. I would love to get the thing up and running so I can impress all of my gamer friends!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm

I cant really help with your problem, but if you could tell us which 3DO it is, people might have an easier time diagnosing it for you. Is it a Panasonic FZ1, FZ10 or a Goldstar model? Or even the japanese exclusive, Sanyo?

Does it not turn on at all, as in no lights or anything, or do you get a black screen and nothing else?

Lady-Xythis
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lady-Xythis » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 am

It's a Panasonic FZ-1, and it doesn't do anything at all.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 am

I would test the cord first... make sure that it's giving power to the console properly. Just test for continuity (make sure it's not plugged into the wall of course). You'll have to open it up and look for the power circuit on the motherboard. See if anything appears fried, see if there is a blown fuse somewhere (I am not too familiar with the internals of the FZ-1).

Do a search on Google. I'm sure someone has a fix. Good luck, the FZ-1 is a sweet console and it sounds like you have a nice find.

Also, do some history on it. Some very good games like Need For Speed was started on it!

If you like animated stuff, check out games like Dragon's Lair.

Have fun! Hope you figure it out.

retrotech
3DO ZERO USER

Re: FZ-1 won't turn on

Post by retrotech » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:00 pm

the fz-1 has an internal fuse, check that :)