Sticking open tray on FZ1

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Sticking open tray on FZ1

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 am

Anyone have any advice on any potential easy fixes for a sticking cd tray on an fz1? It powers up and if you open the console and let the drawer fully open to insert or change games it then won't close with the button on the console. I kind of have to press it then give it a gentle push and it then closes. Only recently got it and I was wary of drawer loading cd consoles having the feeling that after twenty years the motor would be fried.... But it looks too cool! Lol seriously though hoping for a fix my Xbox original does it too but only if no disc in so easy enough to just keep one in. Suppose opening it up and trying to see if it needs cleaned is an option but I don't really want to start messing about with it and I can play games and that but I want a nice smooth working tray. I like the thing and plan to play it a lot so if need be might need it repaired but thought would ask as no doubt some people on here have had same or very similar issue.

Editing this to mention this issue has just happened and I received it about a fortnight ago so it was working correctly then it was happening odd time now it is every time. If drawer is allowed to fully open it then won't close and can hear the motor trying to then give the drawer gentle push and it closes quite snappily....

Edit....not sure how but the problem seems to have gone. The tray now opens smoothly and closes same way regardless of how long it's left open or if there is a disc inside or not. Hopefully it stays this way