A few problems

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
mikimiki
3DO ZERO USER

A few problems

Post by mikimiki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi,

I recently bought a 3DO (my first one) after looking online and because im collecting consoles (10 and counting atm) unfortunately the controller I got with the console doesn't work :( just wondering if anyone knew where I could look to purchase one as I would love to be able to play it :) I have checked eBay but non from the UK which leads me to my other question can I buy a controller from say the USA and have it work on my UK (PAL) console?

Another problem one of the games I got with it was the Lost files of Sherlock Holmes and after the lengthy intro it gets to the bit where Sherlock and Watson are sat at a table talking about the letter they just received then the credits come on :S so I am unable to actually play it. at first I though oh maybe its not a game but a short video then after looking online at some youtube videos I noticed there is some gameplay and it looks like lots of fun!
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks Guys :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: A few problems

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:00 pm

mikimiki wrote: Another problem one of the games I got with it was the Lost files of Sherlock Holmes and after the lengthy intro it gets to the bit where Sherlock and Watson are sat at a table talking about the letter they just received then the credits come on :S so I am unable to actually play it
That's totally normal ... the credits always roll after the opening cinemas. Once you get a working controller, a simple tap of any button will bring the main game up. No worries. :wink:

The game is amazing too! :D
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

mikimiki
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mikimiki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Trev wrote:
mikimiki wrote: Another problem one of the games I got with it was the Lost files of Sherlock Holmes and after the lengthy intro it gets to the bit where Sherlock and Watson are sat at a table talking about the letter they just received then the credits come on :S so I am unable to actually play it
That's totally normal ... the credits always roll after the opening cinemas. Once you get a working controller, a simple tap of any button will bring the main game up. No worries. :wink:

The game is amazing too! :D

thankyou :D so just need a working controller thanks again for the info :)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, I use a PAL lightgun and Japanese mouse with my North American Saturn, so I don't see any reason why a USA controller wouldn't work on a PAL 3DO, especially as the console doesn't even have region lockout. But unfortunately, I have no confirmation, just the reasoning.