Questions! (Please answer :P )

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
rogerscameron95
3DO ZERO USER

Questions! (Please answer :P )

Post by rogerscameron95 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:41 pm

I am going to start collecting 3DO games. Why? Because I can. :P But mostly because I want to collect something retro and more obscure, and the 3DO was the best choice (Other than the CDI).

Now, I have some questions:

1. Which is the most stable of the USA 3DO systems? Which is the most reliable?

2. What is the hardest to find 3DO game that was released in North America?

3. I am a game developer, and mostly develop for Android and Ouya, but recently started to develop for the Wii U. If I wanted to develop homebrew for the 3DO, what would I need, and where would I start?

Thanks for taking your time to read and answer these! :)
I am a game developer for AspireBox Games Inc. We develop games for the Ouya and Windows Platforms.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Questions! (Please answer :P )

Post by Martin III » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:43 pm

1. The general consensus seems to be that the FZ-10 is the most reliable, but the FZ-1 holds together very well too.

2. DinoPark Tycoon.

3. blabla has developed a couple homebrew games for the 3DO, so hopefully he'll jump in to answer here.

rogerscameron95
3DO ZERO USER

Post by rogerscameron95 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Cool. Thanks for the reply.
I am a game developer for AspireBox Games Inc. We develop games for the Ouya and Windows Platforms.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:43 am

Yes, the FZ-10 is probably the most reliable of the US units. However, you do have to be careful with the drive door. The little black tab that sticks out and presses the button to make the drive spin broke off of mine, and it's been a serious pain to get my games to play reliably.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:12 am

Austin wrote:Yes, the FZ-10 is probably the most reliable of the US units. However, you do have to be careful with the drive door. The little black tab that sticks out and presses the button to make the drive spin broke off of mine, and it's been a serious pain to get my games to play reliably.
There's that one guy in the Jaguar community who can mold any Jaguar part needed, Perhaps he can do the same for 3do parts.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman