Need help with Japanese 3DO FZ-1

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Mysticmaus
3DO ZERO USER

Need help with Japanese 3DO FZ-1

Post by Mysticmaus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi! :D

I recently aquired a 3DO complete in box , it is a japanese version. :)

But it does not play any of my PAL / US Games.... i did not try Japanese games because i do not have any at this moment.. :cry:
It also does not play CD-R backups..

But i read on the internet that the 3DO was region free so what is the problem here? , i do not understand why it will not play the games.
Am i doing something wrong? :?

Greetz Mysticmaus

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Need help with Japanese 3DO FZ-1

Post by Kyosho » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Basically you're saying it doesn't play discs at all? Sounds like a bad drive. Can you play a music cd? Also, what country are you in? There's a chance the system isn't getting the right amount of power, if you're using a converter.

Mysticmaus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Mysticmaus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Kyosho wrote:Basically you're saying it doesn't play discs at all? Sounds like a bad drive. Can you play a music cd? Also, what country are you in? There's a chance the system isn't getting the right amount of power, if you're using a converter.
Ah you might be right! , i am using a converter indeed because i live in the Netherlands , so i use a stepdown converter > 220 to 100 V
But on the back of the 3DO it says that it needs 100 V so i must use this converter right?

Also it does not read music CD's... :(

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Kyosho » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Well then hypothetically it should be working. I'm guessing your laser is shot. Perhaps. Hrm.. does the disc drive spin up with you put a disc in? Do you hear it trying to read? Does it make any weird noises?

Mysticmaus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Mysticmaus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Kyosho wrote:Well then hypothetically it should be working. I'm guessing your laser is shot. Perhaps. Hrm.. does the disc drive spin up with you put a disc in? Do you hear it trying to read? Does it make any weird noises?
No the drive is not doing anything , no spinning , no noise , but it opens and closes perfect , and the intro animation and sound etc is also working fine .

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Kyosho » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Hrm. Could be the drive motor, if the disc isn't even spinning. Maybe some people here with more experience with the system can give some better advice. I personally would take it apart and see what it's doing (and not doing).

Mysticmaus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Mysticmaus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Ah okay , well thank you for your advise and help! :)

Maybe somebody here knows how to fix the drive motor :?: