3do colors are messed up

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
llvulcanravenll
3DO ZERO USER

3do colors are messed up

Post by llvulcanravenll » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 am

Hello everyone I am glad to become part of this community for this awesome system!! Recently while I was doing a play through of Gex my 3do FZ1 has started to have glitchy/ fuzzy looking graphics.
I tried a new sett of av cables to see if that was the problem, but there is no resolve. From time to time my system is perfectly fine, but then it starts to go back to how it was. Is this a problem with my laser or just dirty av ports? Should I pick up an s video cable?

On a side note is there a more reliable 3do system because I have all ready had ones power supply die on me and ones disc drive die out. I ended up combining the two and everything was good until yesterday. :cry:

Any Help/ Ideas is appreciated!!! Thanks, Raven

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3do colors are messed up

Post by Kyosho » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 am

With composite (the yellow of the yellow/red/white cables), it's only one signal being sent. It's either working, or it isn't. A bad connection wouldn't mess up the colors or cause distortion. Svideo might be worth trying. Heck, that's how you get the best picture from the 3DO anyways. But if that doesn't work, you might need a cap kit and replace some or all of your capacitors. I don't know 3DO-specific things, so maybe some one else can help, but I come from a general console modding/hacking background. Sounds like you don't have any qualms with opening 'er up. Take a look for any bulging and/or leaking capacitors.

llvulcanravenll
3DO ZERO USER

Post by llvulcanravenll » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 am

Thanks for the reply, I am going to pick up an s video cable and give that a shot. Hopefully the new cable fixes it. Would contact cleaner possibly help possibly?

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Kyosho » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm

For the composite? Nah, like I said, composite is one wire. Either you're getting picture, or you aren't. You're getting picture, so the problem with colors is elsewhere. Though the S-video port, sure, I'd hit it with a blast of compressed air. Or just blow on it yourself. Could be a buildup of dust in a connector like that one.