The SMAC bugfix thread

Let's get coding!

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

The SMAC bugfix thread

Post by a31chris » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:19 am

Thanks to Chilly Willy he has squished the SMAC bug that stops it from dealing with the .IF expression properly:
The expression evaluator wasn't handling the attributes for ANY of the comparisons correctly (i.e., the same as subtraction, which is all comparisons really are). The modified expr.c file for smac can be found here:
expr.zip
Bugfixed expr.c file for SMAC. When compiling SMAC be sure to force it into 32 bit mode on compile. The source is not yet 64 bit friendly.
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

SMACs 64bit problems

Post by a31chris » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Layout of some of the problems needing fixed for Smac to make it 64bit friendly courtesy of Chilly Willy:
Smac segfaults at different places depending on the source (sometimes it makes it through just fine), and when I look at it in gdb, the symbol table has nonsense pointers in it. Looking at the source, the code mostly assumes that pointers are the same as ints. Smac uses "unsigned long" which is 64-bit on 64-bit systems, but it still treats this type of var like it was 32-bit (especially in the token code).
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: The SMAC bugfix thread

Post by a31chris » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:57 am

Smac with Typo bugfix and sources. DOES NOT include the Chily Willy bugfix. Still not 64bit friendly. Make sure to compile in 32 bit.
Attachments
smac-1.0.17.zip
Smac with Typo pack/unpack bugfix. Does not include Chilly Willy bugfix.
(179.15 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

SMAC version 1.0.18

Post by a31chris » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:51 am

This source version contains Dr. Typos bugfix and Chilli Willys bugfix.
Attachments
smac-v1.0.18-src.zip
Smac version 1.0.18 No you still can't compile this one in 64bits. 32 bit only. Sheesh. So impatient. Makefiles support Visual Studio or Linux/Cygwin environments. I couldn't build it with my Windows mingw-32 setup.
(102.45 KiB) Downloaded 356 times

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

SMAC 1.0.18 32 bit Windows Binary

Post by a31chris » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:59 am

Here's the binary
smac.exe.zip
Smac 1.0.18 Windows 32bit build.
(47.4 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: SMAC 1.0.18 32 bit Windows Binary

Post by a31chris » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 am

a31chris wrote:Here's the binary
smac.exe.zip
I am having trouble with this version on 32bit windows xp. I keep getting 'this is not a valid win32 application, access denied'.

I am going to try and figure it out.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:55 pm

It appears the above smac binary when compiled with Visual Studio puts hooks into it making it incompatible with anything older than Vista. I hate that monopolistic crap.

flynn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flynn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:53 am

a31chris wrote:It appears the above smac binary when compiled with Visual Studio puts hooks into it making it incompatible with anything older than Vista. I hate that monopolistic crap.
Thank you for this information. I'm back from my travel and I will check the Visual Studio options to see if there are possibilities to have better compatibilities

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:54 pm

flynn wrote:
a31chris wrote:It appears the above smac binary when compiled with Visual Studio puts hooks into it making it incompatible with anything older than Vista. I hate that monopolistic crap.
Thank you for this information. I'm back from my travel and I will check the Visual Studio options to see if there are possibilities to have better compatibilities
Welcome back!

Don't worry about this. I will see if I can fix the makefile. Not a worry. Otherwise I will have Orwell take a crack at compiling it. I had not thought about that. I had it compile Jserve which it barfed on.

flynn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flynn » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:59 am

a31chris wrote:
flynn wrote:
Welcome back!

Don't worry about this. I will see if I can fix the makefile. Not a worry. Otherwise I will have Orwell take a crack at compiling it. I had not thought about that. I had it compile Jserve which it barfed on.
Ok, I have found a couple options to handle in the VS 2013 project. When properly set, it should make executable XP compatible. I'm going try this solution.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:50 am

OK Flynn if you wish. :)

I am going to try converting the Cygwinn makefile to mingw compatibility anyways. Good practice. I suck at complex makefiles.

flynn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flynn » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:49 pm

a31chris wrote:OK Flynn if you wish. :)

I am going to try converting the Cygwinn makefile to mingw compatibility anyways. Good practice. I suck at complex makefiles.
Could you try this executable? I have used the new options with Visual studio C++ 13. It should work on Windows XP now.
Do you know if Chilliy Willy will fix the issue reported from Atari Age forum?
Attachments
smac_1.0.18_WIN32.zip
Smac 1.0.18, Windows 32 bits, release
(47.55 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:14 pm

flynn wrote:

Could you try this executable? I have used the new options with Visual studio C++ 13. It should work on Windows XP now.
Do you know if Chilliy Willy will fix the issue reported from Atari Age forum?
I will check this out. Also check your PM's.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:54 pm

flynn wrote:

YES IT DOES. It works. Thank you.

flynn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flynn » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:17 pm

a31chris wrote:
flynn wrote:

YES IT DOES. It works. Thank you.
Good, so I have applied the same treatment to JCP2 and jserve. Both tools have been added in their respective threads on the forum.