No love for 3DO Zone Forums?

4DO & Freedo, we have tried playing some 200 games on them - if you have a question we might be able to help!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

No love for 3DO Zone Forums?

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm

I just noticed ... how come there aren't any links to this forum or 3DOKids blog on the Freedo site?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:30 pm

I have my theories.

They are technical, I am more sales and marketing. Plus we have nothing to offer each other.

If you look at it we have:

3DOtoday. Which is awesome, but a museum.
3DOKid magazine / sales
Freedo Technical emulator.

But we (were) all doing our own thing, no need for each other. Different types of people too. I'm mouthy, they tend to be more reserved. I do lament not bonding more with the 3DO Today guy, but Freedo means nothing to me to be honest, so I never even pursued...

Some of the stuff they proposed I disagreed with even, so...

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 pm

3DOKid wrote:Some of the stuff they proposed I disagreed with even, so...
Would that be the "send me your money for this vapourware Xbox port/Dreamcast port/GP2X Port/add-your-own-fictional-crap-here..." farce? :lol:

Like the Xbox would ever run FreeDO properly... It still runs like crap on a 64bit dual-core CPU with 2GB RAM. I may be wrong though, they may know a way to get red-hot performance out of a Pentium III CPU. :wink:

Oh, and of course, they would also have needed to port Joy2Key for the controller to work at all... :lol:

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 am

GuruMeditation wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Some of the stuff they proposed I disagreed with even, so...
Would that be the "send me your money for this vapourware Xbox port/Dreamcast port/GP2X Port/add-your-own-fictional-crap-here..." farce? :lol:

Like the Xbox would ever run FreeDO properly... It still runs like crap on a 64bit dual-core CPU with 2GB RAM. I may be wrong though, they may know a way to get red-hot performance out of a Pentium III CPU. :wink:

Oh, and of course, they would also have needed to port Joy2Key for the controller to work at all... :lol:
It runs great on my dual core with 2gb ram :?

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 am

It runs great on my dual core with 2gb ram :?
The speed is fine, but the sound is awful on my machine. Killing Time is pretty much unplayable. Any ideas on how to impove it?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:58 am

If you are running v1.9 of the emulator, thats the problem. Find the 2.1 alpha. and dont turn on interpolation, iit's a big speed drop.