- OK, so far here is a crash i was able to get happen more than once. Deselecting run previous image then reopening the emulator results in an unhandled exception. This is fixable by the user by deleting the settings file and opening the emulator again.
Doh! Good find. Looks like the settings load/save logic bugged out. Thanks to your reproduction steps I've got this fixed.
- Sometimes the audio garbles like it has a buffer underrun and then is struggling to catch back up. Pausing (F9) and then unpausing seems to get the audio back to normal. This seems to happen more if the emulator is not the window of focus. This is happening as I type on the Killing Time Title screen. Perhaps setting an option to set the priority of the app will fix this or maybe adjustable sound buffer?
I see, I wasn't aware that pausing it caused it to come back to life. I will have to try this. I have found a good way to reproduce this, so if I spend some time on it, I will probably be able to stamp it out.
- an auto pause when the window loses focus would be nice too!
Not a bad idea, it's certainly easy enough to implement. I will remember it. I will most likely throw it into the options dialog rather than being precious real-estate on the main menus that the "quick" options have.
- More support than just ISO 2048 is needed, it will cause you less headaches too from people that cant convert their images. I used to help with this problem a lot back in the day and it got old really fast. Adding 2352 and bin/cue support will help tremendously.
This will be within the general focus of my next round of updates. I intend to add "Play from CD", "Load binary file", and support for as many formats as I can easily add in. I'm afraid I can't say for sure that 2352 will be added immediately, it kinda just depends on how difficult it ends up being.
- The emulator is running great right now. Just need to get more features added to get up to par with the FreeDO Alpha and then start working on some more things. Official Joystick support that works and doesn't cause a migraine!
Thanks for the support! And thanks for the feedback. And I completely agree regarding the joystick configuration FreeDO 2.1; it is astonishingly unintuitive. Even configuring a keyboard was a nightmare, I probably spent a good 10 minutes just getting that set up.
Speaking of fixes to bugs, I have good news for you, in the following post: