3DO M2 Emulator, Games and 3DO emulator with Open GL

4DO & Freedo, we have tried playing some 200 games on them - if you have a question we might be able to help!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Locked
Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

3DO M2 Emulator, Games and 3DO emulator with Open GL

Post by Le Taon » Tue May 29, 2007 6:50 pm

Hello 3DO brothers on the other side of the world. ;)
ok, I must start from the very beginning. First of all - sorry for my English.

I have some news, some facts and i need some help. As you see - I was the first man, who build a big 3DO Community in Russia. I m not a programmer - i love 3DO, and our community concists of some great people (for example Max's (Altmer) - who made Freedo ver 1,9, Mnemonic, who wrote some demos and progs for 3DO and isos, Undertaker and Voodoo, who translate Lucines Quest and Guardian War into Russian.

Now I provide Max's (Altmer) interests. As you know - Freedo project is dead, and only Max continued his work on 3DO emulator, which is called Fenix. There are 2 oficial versions of that emulator - Freedo Phoenix 35 and Freedo Phoenix 35.1

there are also some test versions of that emulator.

Max want to build a new emulator of 3DO (now many work is done, and it shows much progress than freedo. Only for several mounths was done a great work - many things was reached in emulation, 3do game hacks, was found a big library of information and big archive of games.

what do we need:

For 3DO M2 Emulator:
1) we need 3DO M2 SDK - soft - if someone can uplode and give the link - it will be great.

2) we need M2 arcade prototipes and M2 prototipes games

3) we need D2 and Power Crystal games. that games will help us.

For D2. We need first of all someone, who knows how we can contact with Kenji Eno (the developer of D2) - if you know his mail, his ICQ - it will be great!!!!! We need beta version of D2 - we can finish it.
If you don't know him or someone, who has D2 - may be you have some concept art of the game, some screenshots and main idea of the game (history, gameplay) -so everything about D2 (dremcast version is not a true D2 - it just a crazy "continue".

if you have something, that can help us in our work - please contact us:

Le Taon ICQ- 312762343
Max ICQ - 231194014

of cource the work, which will be done - will be useful for every 3DO fan. a big family of old gamers ;)

thank you for your attention.
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Tue May 29, 2007 7:07 pm

and something else....

is there anybody, who knows or have contacts of R.J. Mical(the main 3do developer)? he has sources of 3DO and M2 OS...
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Re: 3DO M2 Emulator, Games and 3DO emulator with Open GL

Post by Lemmi » Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Le Taon wrote: As you know - Freedo project is dead, and only Max continued his work on 3DO emulator, which is called Fenix. There are 2 oficial versions of that emulator - Freedo Phoenix 35 and Freedo Phoenix 35.1
.
when was that announcement made, that its cancelled?
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 pm

only a mad man believe, that Felix will continue the freedo project, cause he is a liar.
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:58 pm

...dead? MAx seemed like a nice enough guy.

What about all the "new 3DO hardware" and "ported games" and stuff...

waah! :(

3DO kid.

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 am

FreeDO dead? Didn't the guy just recently start porting the emulator over to the GP2X?
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:13 am

UnholyTancred wrote:FreeDO dead? Didn't the guy just recently start porting the emulator over to the GP2X?
i'll ask!

Unholy - you speak some Russian right? Don't suppose you could do some digging about?

3DO Kid.

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:13 am

Yep I know Russian. I can speak it without any problems. Reading is a bit of a pain because the only time I ever read Russian is looking up some music lyrics. But I can manage, it just takes a while.

I wouldn't really know where to look either. I've never used FreeDO. Emulation is like masturbation. I bought the console instead so I don't have much interest in it.

I go to the GP32x forums every now and then but there hasn't been much information regarding the 3DO emulator port.

Here's the page where they discuss it:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=35711

New posts are few and far between.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:08 pm

UnholyTancred wrote:Yep I know Russian. I can speak it without any problems. Reading is a bit of a pain because the only time I ever read Russian is looking up some music lyrics. But I can manage, it just takes a while.

I wouldn't really know where to look either. I've never used FreeDO. Emulation is like masturbation. I bought the console instead so I don't have much interest in it.

I go to the GP32x forums every now and then but there hasn't been much information regarding the 3DO emulator port.

Here's the page where they discuss it:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=35711

New posts are few and far between.
as for me - I dont Believe that brrr. its just a fake.
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Windows Killer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:35 pm

First of all, FreeDO isn't dead. Not sure why you think that...
1) we need 3DO M2 SDK - soft - if someone can uplode and give the link - it will be great.

[...]

2) we need M2 arcade prototipes and M2 prototipes games
No offence mate, but do you really think someone will just give you M2 protos, the SDK and whatnot? I've got the SDK and two proto games in my posession (and all arcade games, they are easy to obtain), but it not only took years, I also had to give other M2 software in return. That's nothing that someone will just give you for nothing... Especially since no one knows if you're really saying the truth or just want to get your hands on M2 software, claiming that you need it to write an emulator. Again, no offence meant!

If you want to start with something M2 related, hack the arcade games so that they run on the FZ-35S kiosk unit. I'm trying to do that for ages now, but it failed on obtaining the needed disassembler (IDA 4.5 Pro Advanced, that is).
3) we need D2 and Power Crystal games. that games will help us.
Both games don't exist anymore. I talked to Kenji Eno as well as to one of the developers of Power Crystal. No backups were made, and the dev systems are long destroyed.
Last edited by Windows Killer on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaguarandine
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:51 am
Contact:

Post by Jaguarandine » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 am

Hey, interesting topic you've got here guys. I've been in consistent contact with Felix, specifically about the GP2X port of FreeDO, and I'm pretty certain it'll be coming out. As you can see in the thread that was linked to, many gp2x programmers expressed doubt and concern over a possible port of FreeDO. After talking to Felix, most of their concerns were alleviated.

He's usually very busy with his job, and doesn't have the time to work on the project as he'd like. The FreeDO project has always moved very slowly (as in years). This latest lull isn't any larger than the time between other releases. Now, if you can prove me wrong, I'll be happy to listen to the discussion :)

Edit: Read the entire thread if you're interested. There's a good collection of information on the port.
Respect, and you will be respected...

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:08 pm

WindowsKiller wrote:First of all, FreeDO isn't dead. Not sure why you think that...
1) we need 3DO M2 SDK - soft - if someone can uplode and give the link - it will be great.

[...]

2) we need M2 arcade prototipes and M2 prototipes games
No offence mate, but do you really think someone will just give you M2 protos, the SDK and whatnot? I've got the SDK and two proto games in my posession (and all arcade games, they are easy to obtain), but it not only took years, I also had to give other M2 software in return. That's nothing that someone will just give you for nothing... Especially since no one knows if you're really saying the truth or just want to get your hands on M2 software, claiming that you need it to write an emulator. Again, no offence meant!

If you want to start with something M2 related, hack the arcade games so that they run on the FZ-35S kiosk unit. I'm trying to do that for ages now, but it failed on obtaining the needed disassembler (IDA 4.5 Pro Advanced, that is).
3) we need D2 and Power Crystal games. that games will help us.
Both games don't exist anymore. I talked to Kenji Eno as well as to one of the developers of Power Crystal. No backups were made, and the dev systems are long destroyed.
thank you for your great help.
the time will show....
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

freedoadmin
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:23 pm
Contact:

Post by freedoadmin » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Le Taon wrote:only a mad man believe, that Felix will continue the freedo project, cause he is a liar.
Listen, i've been polite to you during whole time. What possible right do you have to jerk my name?

I've merely asked Le Taon to not to distribute the FreeDO packed with BIOS and on the same website that hosts pirated games. In return i've got a ton of hatred and occusations. As result i've banned him from FreeDO forums.

Hmm... Le Taon those phrases just represents you as trully low quality man, without any moral valuables,so stop using them and peace out.


P.S. -- Le Taon, Max never told you that he will or even want to work on Freedo Phoenix 35 and Freedo Phoenix 35.1. He merely asked you to find, if possible, game sources and SDK. I've uploaded him the SDK already. So what makes you claim false statements?

here is a quote from Max (www.freedo.org) --
Hmm, I ask LeTaon to try find some soft from 3DO-M2 and some info about D2 game, and nothing else.
here is a link to his post http://www.freedo.org/forum2/index.php? ... 20#msg8520

User avatar
zenkov
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 am
Contact:

Post by zenkov » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 am

freedoadmin wrote:I've merely asked Le Taon to not to distribute the FreeDO packed with BIOS and on the same website that hosts pirated games. In return i've got a ton of hatred and occusations. As result i've banned him from FreeDO forums.
I don't host games in my project (3doware), but I seems that the large part of the games for 3DO now it can be considered as abandonware.

freedoadmin
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:23 pm
Contact:

Post by freedoadmin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:14 am

That's right -- many games are considered abandonwire, however, the games were not the point! i didn't ask him to remove the games, nor bios, just what i have all rights to ask -- to remove FreeDO.

User avatar
zenkov
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 am
Contact:

Post by zenkov » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:04 am

freedoadmin wrote:I didn't ask him to remove the games, nor bios, just what i have all rights to ask -- to remove FreeDO.
Yes you have this right, but I think that FreeDO is a freeware, and anyone can distribute the application.

Probably you should write license for FreeDO and derivative works. You can choose one from Creative Commons licenses: http://creativecommons.org/about/licens ... e-licenses

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:06 pm

I will translate it in 2 or 3 days. I need some time.


freedoadmin, думаю Русский язык не забыл? напишу пока по-русски, а то многого на Аглийском не выразишь - потом переведу.

ты тогда был не прав. я не выкладывал биос в архиве. незнаю кто тебе сказал это вообще. я был корректен с тобой долгое время, пока ты меня не забанил. впрочем что тут говорить. если ты сам выкладываешь софт (ну ты же дал Максу СДК).

к тому же, где ты у меня нашёл игры? я никогда не выкладывал у себя игры. что ещё раз доказывает что ты лжец.

львиную долю работы сделали остальные члены команды. на первых этапах ты вообще походу палец о палец не стукнул.

без Алекса Труша и остальных ты не смог бы ничего.
Труш вообще первый самый, кто начал всё это, а ты если хорошенько покопаться в истории просто примазался к нему - получается все лавры тебе достались. пусть все знают, кто делал всю работу, пока ты просто сидел и "админил" форум (кстати форум бесполезный. просто тупо пиздёшь - кучу врунов и твоих подлиз. коим кстати и является шакал Zenkov - сразу засуетился - "ух как бы на меня не обиделся главный врун"....
у тебя на форуме нет ни информации полезной ничего. потому что ты и твои подлизы все вруны, и за диск с программами или играми -прототипами удавитесь. не для себя это делается, а для общего блага, а некоторые сидят на голой куче бесполезного софта для них и думают "ох как мне сложно он достался, я его искал несколько лет. не дам просто так".....

тебе никто не верит давно, потому что великий пиздобол. всего наобещал и ничего не сделал. заслуг твоих я не вижу. всю работу всегда делали другие. ты же только орал. и весь бред по поводу портов эмулятора - бред чистой воды. если кто из ребят (сами знаем кто) захочет сделать, он будет, но точно не от тебя релиз.

freedoadmin, единственно что ты делал - это админил форум и врал.
Last edited by Le Taon on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Windows Killer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Don't start a flame war here in a language that most of us don't understand! This is an English board, so write English.

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am
Contact:

Post by Le Taon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I will translate it in 2 or 3 days. I need some time.
freedoadmin understand Russian I guess
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

User avatar
Mobius
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Mobius » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:05 am

WindowsKiller wrote:Don't start a flame war here in a language that most of us don't understand! This is an English board, so write English.
Or let's just not start any flamewars in general! The great thing about this board is its general positivity. We're friends, here!

User avatar
zenkov
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 am
Contact:

Post by zenkov » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:15 am

Very impressive, but I am not familiar with freedoadmin. And you ("the head of the russian community") don't know me. If you really want to become the head, you should become smarter and more restrained (about your judgements).

I am not worried about the fate of FreeDO. I am not a fan of the closed source.

User avatar
Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by Dengar13 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 am

Mobius wrote:
WindowsKiller wrote:Don't start a flame war here in a language that most of us don't understand! This is an English board, so write English.
Or let's just not start any flamewars in general! The great thing about this board is its general positivity. We're friends, here!
Agreed!

User avatar
zenkov
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 am
Contact:

Post by zenkov » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:00 am

We are friends, but some friends is more friendly friends than others :lol:

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Windows Killer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 am

Mobius wrote:
WindowsKiller wrote:Don't start a flame war here in a language that most of us don't understand! This is an English board, so write English.
Or let's just not start any flamewars in general! The great thing about this board is its general positivity. We're friends, here!
In that case, the thread should be better closed immediately. If you can't read Russian, just use an online translator to see what Le Taon wrote, and I'm sure you would agree that the flame war has started already.

freedoadmin
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:23 pm
Contact:

Post by freedoadmin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Le Taon, i'm not starting any flamewars here, so i will not reply to all BS you've just posted. If you're so sure about what you've wrote, why not to ask publicly other developers of FreeDO, let's see what they will reply, I will ever restore your access to my formus for that sake :).
Anyway -- let's close this stupid thread. Everyone understood your attitude already.

Cheers. Live well and prosper.

User avatar
Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:18 pm

I won't pretend to understand what this is all about but I'm not interested in this sort of public laundering.

If anyone has a problem sort it out in private. Move along! :arrow:

Locked