A call to arms: a new 3do emulator

4DO & Freedo, we have tried playing some 200 games on them - if you have a question we might be able to help!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:47 am

Hound wrote:Well, it looks like that chick from Star Control 2. Name starts with a T I think. It's probably not her, but I did give it a go. If it is though, that is one heck of an extreme close up.
The Syreen babe? Wasn't she blue? Anyway, I'm afraid that it isn't Star Control 2, sorry!

I guess I can offer a hint: This isn't simply a close-up. If this were blown up full-screen, it is how it would appear in the game.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:13 am

This is cool, keep it up. I was doing some early homebrew work a while back and hit a wall when I didn't have a testing station or good emulator for running unsigned code. This could be handy.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:10 pm

Mobius, did you try freedo v1.7? that is the only version that will run the arcade prototypes. This is just a stab in the dark though im probably totaly wrong on this working for your needs.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:26 pm

The good news is that an HLE emulator (like FourDO) should be able to run "unsigned" code. I guess the bad news would be that it may take a while to get to that point.