Review - Way of the Warrior

Have you recently played a 3DO Multiplayer game? Want to write a review? Post it here!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 pm

it does say snip.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 am

Updated w/some fresh pics.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

AfterDark3DO

Post by AfterDark3DO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 am

Way of the Warrior was the first game I saw for 3DO like 15 years ago, and could not believe my eyes!.
I definitely have a soft spot for it and cannot be to harsh on it, but to be honest, it just feels like a Lorenzo Lamas B-movie: hard action from a dumb plot, but the effort is not fully there.

Graphics are definitely one of its strong points, along with the audio, of course. And the gore, which you gotta love.
Controls are really messed up and makes it very difficult for the player to have a satisfying experience. Just take intro consideration what this statement means to a fighting game. You got like 1/3 of the final score right there!.
Plot is what you would have expected from such a game.

This could have been much more had it had decent controls and a better all-round finish.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 am

AfterDark3DO wrote:it just feels like a Lorenzo Lamas B-movie: hard action from a dumb plot, but the effort is not fully there.
Ha Ha, that's an awesome summary of it. :lol:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5