Review - Woody Woodpecker Vol. 1

Have you recently played a 3DO Multiplayer game? Want to write a review? Post it here!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Review - Woody Woodpecker Vol. 1

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:24 pm

For any who might have seen this (or any other Woody Woodpecker title for the 3DO) fetch ridiculous amounts on Ebay and wondered what the fuss was about, I’ll tell you. Tell you, and warn you to avoid it, unless you are an absolute 3DO nut! No offense to Woody (who is entertaining to watch,) but his 3DO outings aren’t worth it.

This is perhaps the easiest (and possibly the most useless :roll: ) review I’ve ever written. Since Woody Woodpecker Vol. 1 is just a collection on 4 short cartoons (‘Cartunes’) what is there to review? The cartoons don’t even have interactive elements like those found in ‘Toon Time’. And since vhs is now just a memory, this disc no longer has any relevance with its limited content and average video quality.

Image Image

There are 3 of these titles that graced the 3DO in it’s early days. This cowboy/desert themed one is the easiest to acquire, but its still plenty rare and expensive. And that is really all its noteworthy for. When I see some of the prices these titles have fetched over the years it makes me cringe :shock: , especially since they retailed for less than $15 when first released. I am grateful to have gotten my copy for a steal at $10, but I certainly won’t be so fortunate with the other 2. I guess this means you are reading my first, and last Woody Woodpecker review. :lol:

Next to ’Dino Park Tycoon’ I’d say these discs are the rarest of the U.S. releases. What is a shame is that this is the only thing moving their prices. With so many good games readily available to the multiplayer, even a serious 3DO fan has no real business trying to acquire this. For the few nuts like myself that remain, I’ll see you on Ebay … trying to snipe your bid at the last minute. :P

-Trev
Last edited by Trev on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Review - Woody Woodpecker Vol. 1

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 am

Trev wrote:I am grateful to have gotten my copy for a steal at $10, but I certainly won’t be so fortunate with the other 2. I guess this means you are reading my first, and last Woody Woodpecker review. :lol:
I could help you there yet this review is good enough to cover the others.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 am

Yeah, this review kinda wrote itself. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:43 am

i know about the price thing, i paid $15 for my first Vol 1 but when i got it only the first 2 vids worked then i noticed that the CD had a hole in it :x

then i saw an auction for all 3 for $90 and i got that, so i paid $30 for each one ugh.. but i had to have them to complete the collection and i grew up watching Woody. atleast they were mint :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:35 am

That's a good price for them Lemmi.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"