Let's Play - Monster Manor

Have you recently played a 3DO Multiplayer game? Want to write a review? Post it here!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Let's Play - Monster Manor

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:48 pm

I use DownloadHelper and listen at work. :)
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 am

For reasons that I can not explain :| , had not known these videos "lets play" monster manor, easily one of my favorite titles on 3DO.

Thank you for make them, I'll watch them all carefully. I just watch the first and my head exploded when I heard that disruptor was a game originally developed for the 3do. I had no idea. I can only imagine how was the appearance and playability of the complete version that you guys saw.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

mikemacdee
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mikemacdee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 pm

ewhac wrote: In addition to the fact that my co-host and I both used to work at 3DO, I also wrote (most of) Monster Manor in a blur back in 1993, and thus can hopefully lend a genuinely unique perspective on the game and its creation.
I missed this sentence when I clicked the link, so your discussions during the first video were a very pleasant and informative surprise. Any chance you can share what the game you were originally working on was (going to be) like? Before you had to chrun out something new in three weeks for the showcase.

zetastrike
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zetastrike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:10 am

I've been binging this series for the past few days. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your channel ewhac. It's refreshing to see a LP that's full of fascinating insight, tidbits, and banter from someone who knows what they're talking about. You convinced me that I need to own Monster Manor, but I sprung for a Japanese copy. Can anyone tell me if Les is replaced with a Japanese actor? That might be even more amusing.

The game itself looks like it'll be pretty fun. I was initially disappointed by the lack of extra weapons, but the more I've watched the more it makes sense. All enemies besides guardians die in one hit, so upgrades wouldn't have a purpose. Can anyone tell me what the game's framerate is? I can't tell on youtube, but I would assume it maxes out at 24 fps?

I can't wait to move on to your other LPs once I finish this one. I hope you keep uploading ewhac.

EDIT: I just realized you didn't finish the game. Are levels 11 and 12 even worse than 10?