Let's Play - Slayer / Soccer Kid

Have you recently played a 3DO Multiplayer game? Want to write a review? Post it here!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ewhac
3DO ZERO USER

Let's Play - Slayer / Soccer Kid

Post by ewhac » Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm

gammadev and I change things up a bit in a double-header, where we play the first couple levels or so of "Slayer," an AD&D dungeon crawler; and "Soccer Kid," a side-scrolling platform jumper.

Let's Play - Slayer (3DO, 1994) & Soccer Kid (3DO, 1994)

Hope you enjoy it.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks!

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Let's Play - Slayer / Soccer Kid

Post by a31chris » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:11 am

I watched that! Makes me want to buy the Jag version now. :D
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Let's Play - Slayer / Soccer Kid

Post by goldenband » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:03 am

Missed this one back in May, but enjoyed watching it today. I was very pleased to hear more concrete information on the 3DO's price drops after the infamous initial release price. It was especially interesting to hear it was cheaper than the PlayStation when the latter had its US debut.

I've played through Soccer Kid in its SNES incarnation as The Adventures of Kid Kleets, which I think may have fewer levels. It's a pretty decent game, but the controls can get aggravating at times, the scrolling algorithm is a bit whiplash-inducing, and the character design is kinda hideous. BTW at least in the SNES version, you get a bad ending if you don't fulfill the game's collectathon requirements (fetching all the cup pieces, but I don't remember if there's a prerequisite to getting those).