Let's Play - PO'ed

Have you recently played a 3DO Multiplayer game? Want to write a review? Post it here!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ewhac
3DO ZERO USER

Let's Play - PO'ed

Post by ewhac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:35 am

Our latest Let's Play video is up:

Let's Play - PO'ed (3DO, 1995)

Sadly, I failed to figure out how to make the jetpack work before we stopped recording. Also, if anyone knows what those footpads are meant to do near the exit of the Jump level, I'd be much obliged :-).

We hope you enjoy it.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Let's Play - PO'ed

Post by a31chris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

This is another awesome video! Thank you! It is so fascinating to hear about all the machine differences of that era. Especially so considering how the 3do has the older and supposedly less powerful tech with under half the bandwidth to it but can sometimes outshine the PSX in some situations.

Keep them coming!
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 am

a31chris wrote:This is another awesome video! Thank you! It is so fascinating to hear about all the machine differences of that era. Especially so considering how the 3do has the older and supposedly less powerful tech with under half the bandwidth to it but can sometimes outshine the PSX in some situations.

Keep them coming!
Agreed. These videos are brilliant.

We should run a 'it's better on 3DO' campaign. Although it's 20 years too late.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm

I forgot to mention in my YouTube comments: The stuff about the 3DO rendering with quadrilaterals was very interesting. The commentary I've read on the Saturn rendering with quadrilaterals vs. the PlayStation rendering with triangles gave me the impression that the Saturn was an oddball console in this respect, so it came as a surprise to hear that the 3DO does the same thing.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:56 am

Really enjoyed this, and it certainly opened my eyes to what this game has to offer if you stick with it long enough! Maybe I'll make this the next FPS I tackle on the 3DO, instead of Killing Time or Wolfenstein 3D as I'd planned.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes I will be grabbing this one soon as well.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

mikemacdee
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mikemacdee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes! So glad you're doing this game, since you talked about it so much in the EfMM videos. I still think the PSX version is superior, but it's PO'ed and I love it anyway. I beat it on the PSX many times and even somehow managed to find the two secret maps. It's in my top ten FPS games list for sure -- the whole experience is reminiscent of a weird lucid dream.

FYI regarding "Jump": I believe the footpads which make monsters appear also activate a teleporter to the upper area, which is in the far corner to the left of the teleporter. Been awhile since I last played though, so time and the abstract nature of the maps makes my memory fuzzy.

Also you can get the Jetpack on the Jump level: it's in that big transparent yellow cube accessible from the upper levels. You switch to jetpack by double-tapping the jump button.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 am

Will probably get this for my cousin on the PS1 and for me on the 3do.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:23 am

Got it recently and I am enjoying it so far. Also on level three and by accident discovered id obtained the jetpack but still stuck :lol: makes me think how good doom should have been on 3DO as this looks very decent.