Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:12 am

Ok it's been a while since I saw this, and I just bought the DVD. Playing this on a very large HD screen gave away something I hadn't noticed before. Mr. Rodriguez used more than one camera system. When there is about 15 mins left in the film, from the raiding where the president is, almost all of it seems to be shot in video rather than film.

Yet he changes back and forth and it even looks like he's using different speeds, not film speeds mind you but a different frame rate in video! What the hell was he doing? Were these TV cameras?

I'm not a Robert Rodriguez buff so any of you who are can you please tell me what was going on and why he was doing this?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 am

Didn't care for this movie much, partly because top billed Salma Hayek only got like 5 mins of screen time. :?

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 am

5mins of Selma is still 5mins that could've been without her. Damn she's a fine woman!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:14 am

Shhh! Don't tell your wife. :wink:

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 am

oh its no secret - in fact its quite common when watching TV she'll say "you only like this show because that actress is your type" - she knows me too well - this is what happens when you marry a former flatmate - she's already seen me at my bachelor worst!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:22 am

Haven't seen this one but I loved Desperado especially the scene where Quentin Tarantino tells the joke about pissing everywhere.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin