Anyone know how to rip music from PS2 games?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Anyone know how to rip music from PS2 games?

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 pm

I was going to ask BryWI for help last night when I was trying to figure out how to rip the music from Pitfall for the Sega CD. I simply used a CD-DA extractor and I got everything.

However, I've no clue on how to rip PS2 music. Can anyone help me out?
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm

im not sure about ps2 games actually... It could be different on a game to game basis. I know that on ps1 games sometimes you could get the XA audio out of some files with many programs available on the net. But im not sure if its the same way with ps2 discs.

im not too fond of this site im gonna link anymore... but this page here might be of help to you... http://www.zophar.net/psf/ there is ps2 game music on there in a certain format, psf2. there is some info on the format there so that might lead to something.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:27 am

I guess you could do it the old fashioned way and run the audio socket from an A/V lead through your soundcard!

Of course you'd need some recording software and the know how to set it all up which I don't! :shock:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:26 am

the only thing with that method is that sometimes the soundcard will color the sound when using a line in or you might even get intereference. Also, with some games its not possible to get music without sound effects. I prefer the digital method but sometimes analog recording is the only choice.