Recent Gaming Purchases

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm

grimm wrote: My Mutant League Hockey manual ended up smelling of tobacco smoke and for now sits in a plastic bag with kitty litter since i read that can help bring it out.. Ill try baking soda next. If anyone has any other hints of getting smoke out of booklets, please let me know.. Its in fairly good condition and i want to keep it, but if i dont get this smoke out of it, im gonna have to let this game go. Perhaps someone else would be interested in it despite the smoke damage so i could find a replacement..

I'ved used baking soda in the past with moderate success. Straight activated charcoal might work too. Honestly, the best thing I've found is to just air things out. In the case of manuals, I'll often lay them in between a window and the screen so that they don't blow away or get all crumpled.

It really sucks to pick up stuff that smells nasty! It's happened to me so many times, that now I'll only buy stuff that I know comes from smoke free homes. Anyway, sorry it happened to you. Hope you can clean it up or get a replacement.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm

yup, just let it air out. Keeping it in a zipped bag is just sealing all the juices in.

That portal gun looks well made. Where'd it come from?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Trev wrote:
grimm wrote: My Mutant League Hockey manual ended up smelling of tobacco smoke and for now sits in a plastic bag with kitty litter since i read that can help bring it out.. Ill try baking soda next. If anyone has any other hints of getting smoke out of booklets, please let me know.. Its in fairly good condition and i want to keep it, but if i dont get this smoke out of it, im gonna have to let this game go. Perhaps someone else would be interested in it despite the smoke damage so i could find a replacement..

I'ved used baking soda in the past with moderate success. Straight activated charcoal might work too. Honestly, the best thing I've found is to just air things out. In the case of manuals, I'll often lay them in between a window and the screen so that they don't blow away or get all crumpled.

It really sucks to pick up stuff that smells nasty! It's happened to me so many times, that now I'll only buy stuff that I know comes from smoke free homes. Anyway, sorry it happened to you. Hope you can clean it up or get a replacement.
Not sure what you mean by in between a window and the screen?

I have a hard time airing things out on my balcony, because i have a c*nt below me who smokes inside her glassed in balcony, practically making a chimney up into mine. She nowadays even uses scented candles to the same effect, just to piss me off because she knows it bothers me. I cant air out my livingroom anymore, and forget about keeping the door open for any period of time to keep temperatures down in the summer.. Time of year is also bad for airing things out, its winter and humid outside, id ruin the manual even worse like that i think.. Im buying bicarbonate tomorrow to try that method.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 am

The Portal gun came from NECA. They officially licensed them. Mine is the customizable model but there is/was also a standard one.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 am

Nice one 3DO Experience.

Just got word a day or two ago that my jaguar game order has been sent from Nick at 16/32systems. My collection will now grow with spanking new copies of Attack of the Mutant Penguins and Iron Soldier.

Also bought Illusion of Gaia, boxed with manual in pretty good condition. This one shouldnt stink of tobacco the seller assured me after i asked him (not the same guy as MTL-guy above).

Fairly excited.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

I just picked up Fortune Street for the Wii, and my wife & I have been having a blast playing it! A great game that I overlooked when it came out last year. At $10-$20 range now, the game is a steal! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 am

Trev wrote:I just picked up Fortune Street for the Wii, and my wife & I have been having a blast playing it! A great game that I overlooked when it came out last year. At $10-$20 range now, the game is a steal! :)
dood. I bought this about 10 min after reading your post. nice little hidden gem there.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am

sneth wrote:
Trev wrote:I just picked up Fortune Street for the Wii, and my wife & I have been having a blast playing it! A great game that I overlooked when it came out last year. At $10-$20 range now, the game is a steal! :)
dood. I bought this about 10 min after reading your post. nice little hidden gem there.
Lol, nice.

It's much more Monopoly than it is Mario Party. Winning seems to be the result of strategic planning and not random events designed to keep the game close. I like that.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 am

I finally got my Willow map / IronSword poster from the Nov/Dec '89 issue of Nintendo Power. So I'm now 100% on the NP collection.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 am

Congratulations, that mustve taken years to complete.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 am

yea, 24.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 pm

I see, you have actually bought each copy new as it came out. You are pretty committed to Nintendo then.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:42 pm

3DO Experience wrote:I finally got my Willow map / IronSword poster from the Nov/Dec '89 issue of Nintendo Power. So I'm now 100% on the NP collection.
A map for Willow? Man, I'd love to see that. Great game that I've been feeling the itch to play again.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:38 pm

grimm wrote:I see, you have actually bought each copy new as it came out. You are pretty committed to Nintendo then.
Well I had bought newsstand copies (or gotten some off of friends) but started subscribing at issue 45.
Martin III wrote:A map for Willow? Man, I'd love to see that. Great game that I've been feeling the itch to play again.
I have someone's scan of it I'll send you the image.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 am

3DO Experience wrote:I finally got my Willow map / IronSword poster from the Nov/Dec '89 issue of Nintendo Power. So I'm now 100% on the NP collection.
Awesome! Happy for you. :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 am

WARNING LINKS TO ADULT MATERIAL!

Ok so I was at a little convenience store and saw this rainbow-reflective little box that had Ryu and Chun-Li in a very risque pose. It was obviously not an official Street Fighter product and I assumed by the shape and size that they were condoms. So, with no intent on them being used, I asked for them to be added to my purchase.

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... erlord.jpg

Yeah they were a little over $12 !!

So what did they turn out to be? Male potency pills! I think there are four in the box and come with a big pamphlet in multiple languages telling you their use. Here is a shot of the more artful, single language, side of the paper.

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... rlord2.jpg

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Haha! Awesome!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Looks like Ryu can add another 'special' move to his repertoire. Although i don't imagine it will make it to Street Fighter V.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

And thats a bloody shame...

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 am

lmao. I guess they are catering to a specific to a specific target here? But I am not sure why... So weird.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Just got a handful of fun Wii games for very cheap ... Big Brain Academy, Metroid Other M, & Rhythm Heaven Fever.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:23 pm

I liked Metroid Other M, but alot of people bash it for the way Samus is in the game.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:50 pm

BryWI wrote:I liked Metroid Other M, but alot of people bash it for the way Samus is in the game.
I like her portrayal so far. She is human, she has moments of doubts and weakness, she has to rely on her own ingenuity, etc ... she just isn't some badass bounty hunter that uses super weapons to blast her way to victory. The backstory makes it easier for me to relate to her as a character, and is drawing me into the story.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Brand new unused Dreamcast VMU. Very limited, came only as a set with Sakura Taisen (Wars) 3. Got it for about a third of the normal price.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:26 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Brand new unused Dreamcast VMU. Very limited, came only as a set with Sakura Taisen (Wars) 3. Got it for about a third of the normal price.
Ooo, I like it ... a vmu, 2600 style! 8)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Nice! I wasn't aware those existed.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:11 am

love those VMU's. every once in a while i feel like collecting dreamcast hardware, but then i realize there are a million special editions.

i'll just work on a complete US set.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 am

sneth wrote:love those VMU's. every once in a while i feel like collecting dreamcast hardware, but then i realize there are a million special editions
NOT REALLY THE AMOUNT...
of special editions/colours etc that causes the issue, is it? It's the insane prices!!

I might... might treat myself to an R7 one day, but right now, I can't justify that sort of money for a doomed to fail DC console.

(although, the JP units are MUCH more reliable in my experience. PAL units are terrible by comparison).

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah. The hello kitty ones are pretty reasonable, and kinda funny. The rest are just insane.

I feel silly having multiple versions of hardware though. 3do was about as far as i went in that regard.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:20 pm

They made so many VMUs it's crazy. There are even multiple Hello Kitty ones, translucent blue, translucent pink and solid pink. The first two being ones that came with Hello Kitty Dreamcasts. So many releases of just the Dreamcast it's self. But for the one I just bought, I've always considered to be the most beautiful, there is one like it on e-pay right now however he lists it as new and this seller has put it up time and time again in the past listing it as used. But his price is what they generally go for used anyway.

It came in two box sets, one was a game and the VMU (this is generally the set that gets split up) and another that had the game VMU and a music box that holds the VMU. Crazy Japanese fans! Go here and click next to see the sets.