Street Fighter IV

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Street Fighter IV

Post by Devin » Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Anyone play this on home consoles? Does it retain the bonus rounds from the original Street Fighter 2 including smashing up the car?

I need answers! :shock:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Is it online only?

I'm terrified of playing this because I'm afraid it will be new-age gaming rubbish.

3DO "trust-no-one" Kid

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Wed May 13, 2009 10:03 pm

I've played the 360 version in the shops - but not long enough to answer your question - verdict - it's awesome. So far the only game released that may sway me to purchase a next gen console!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 am

I gave up on it. I purchased it for online play, and after playing Ken 9 out of 10 times against players who either spam the same 2 moves, or disconnect when losing, it became infuriating.

I love fighters, but I hate online fighters. Virtua Fighter 5 has been the only consistently fun online gaming experience for me.

Guilty Gear X2 comes close, but hard to find a match since its original Xbox

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed May 20, 2009 5:40 am

Devin wrote:Anyone play this on home consoles? Does it retain the bonus rounds from the original Street Fighter 2 including smashing up the car?

I need answers! :shock:
No bonus rounds that I saw. I played through the Arcade mode on Easy.
3DOKid wrote:Is it online only?
No, you can play both single player and multiplayer offline.

Overall, I liked it quite a bit. I was terrible at it, though, so I didn't play much online. When I did play online, I never had problems with people disconnecting. Probably because they always beat me. :(

I rented the 360 version from gamefly and held onto it for about a month. I'll probably buy it when the price goes down.

PowerPie5000
3DO ZERO USER

Post by PowerPie5000 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:00 pm

I usually stick to the Neo Geo and Saturn for fighting games but have a few on other consoles too!

I like Street Fighter 4 on my xbox 360....BUT....the 360 controllers are absolute crap for this game! The clunky D-pad is horrible and i only realised this after buying Street Fighter 4!!

I looked into getting the PS3 version as the D-pad is better... but the overall quality of the PS3 version does not seem as good as the 360!! I will just invest in a different controller for the 360 :D