PlayStations BEWARE!

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

PlayStations BEWARE!

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun May 31, 2009 3:32 am

This is what happens to systems that make me angry.
Will, you might wanna turn away......

Last edited by 3DO Experience on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 am

I'm more PS1, than PS2. I still reckon the PS2 was the best console of last gen, purely because of breadth of games (and the happy memories playing them) but it lacked the pizazz of the PS1. The wow factor was gone.

I take it, it was already broken?*

*you bitch. ;)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 pm

You might be able to get some money from eaby for that lol. The parts people might buy it. It would make for a funny auction either way. *PARTS*

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 pm

3DOKid wrote:I take it, it was already broken?
Don't they come that way? :lol:

I think it was def the worst console of last gen, it wasn't even worth making. So it had a bunch of games... that doesn't make a good console that just makes a console with a lot of software. As much as I have to admit it took me a long time to get over my bias against Sega the Dreamcast was the best console of that gen. Even if it died before it's time it wasn't the console it's self that killed it. It was Sega's horrible rep by the time and the utter failure of the Saturn, no one (including me) wanted to give it a chance.

People flocked to the PS2 because they already had games that would play on it and they were promised an even larger library of games. Honestly they should have worked harder on a new system than trying to boost sales with the a DVD player that looks so bad you'd think you were watching a VCD.

The PS1 was def a better machine (for it's generation) than the PS2. It stood out but people bought it mostly on the Sony name. Sony's quality has been slipping for years. Still they do make good stuff but the good/bad ratio has def shifted. I have two PS1's or PSX's and that is only to play games that never came out on anything else. Bleem! is good but I like having a proper controller, and bleemcast! was only 30% done so the videos don't play and I'm short a few buttons. I have a 95 machine sitting around and when a build an ME machine I'll get a PSX to PC adapter and the consoles will go in the closet.

Oh and the Genesis that's in the photo with the two PSX's in my collection... it's had a share of hammer time too. :twisted:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun May 31, 2009 5:00 pm

Xbox wsa the worst. One game. One game alone. Outrun 2006. maybe Splinter cell. aside from that completely overated rubbish.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:47 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Oh and the Genesis that's in the photo with the two PSX's in my collection... it's had a share of hammer time too. :twisted:
We're European, the correct pronunciation is megadrive! :wink:

The first PlayStation was a dream machine, good laugh with your mates especially Tekken. Remember going to the shops and not having a clue what I was buying but often came away pleasantly surprised with gems like Resident Evil 2, Nemesis, Metal Gear Solid. Do any of you lot actually own a PSX? You know, that big old DVR that had a limited run as a magic box of PS1 and PS2 tricks!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm

No. But i saw them on sale in Japan. I wish I had bought one now. They did look kind of cool in white.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Devin wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:Oh and the Genesis that's in the photo with the two PSX's in my collection... it's had a share of hammer time too. :twisted:
We're European, the correct pronunciation is megadrive! :wink:
hehe
Devin wrote:Do any of you lot actually own a PSX? You know, that big old DVR that had a limited run as a magic box of PS1 and PS2 tricks!
oooooh so there is a difference between PS1 and PSX. See Sonyfags never seem to know, whenever I asked they always said "noob! it's PlayStation!" Sooo I assumed PSX was the first PlayStation and the PSOne was PS1. I am humbled by someone who has educated me, but how come people call PS1 emulators PSX emulators?

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 pm

I believe PSX was a codename used before PlayStation became the brand name. Then later they revisited the name for the glorified PVR PSX...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm

That's true. The name just stuck for whatever reason (imagine if we all still called 3DO "opera" :lol: ) I almost always refer to ps1as psx out of habit, even though I knew they were seperate units.
Last edited by Trev on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:53 pm

Devin wrote:I believe PSX was a codename used before PlayStation became the brand name. Then later they revisited the name for the glorified PVR PSX...
Hmmm I have seen the original Nintendo PlayStation (we will not get into the when and how) and it did have "PlayStation" written on it even before the backstabbing Nintendo did.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:55 am

Devin wrote:I believe PSX was a codename used before PlayStation became the brand name. Then later they revisited the name for the glorified PVR PSX...

The Wii design wasn't entirely original was it?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:20 pm

it's just a box...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

well... yeah...

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Sony US was scared of the playstation name - focus groups amongst teenagers said it was lame.So at the last minute sony US started calling it PSX in panic mode. PSX was its original project name. Sony Japan was never happy with the US advertising (the polygon head) and the term PSX - under pressure the US changed back to playstation and dropped the head.
Later when the all in one DVR's were released Sony revived the term PSX. I believe there were two models - just different size HDD's
Hope this clears it up
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks for the info.