wetwares

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

wetwares

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Might be lost seeing as not many seem that keen on newer games here but... has anyone been following the E3 media burst?

Lots of games I dig seem to have debuted and are complemented by a 2009 release date. Can't remember an E3 like it to be honest!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 pm

I just saw a trailer for Project Natal for the 360. Another motion detection thing. I dont see it working as well as they show it off to be working. When something is too good to be true....

I call over hype.

I also saw a FFXIII trailer. No release date though. Looks cool. I haven't really jumped into a Final Fantasy game since 8 to be honest. It's funny because I bought them all but didn't play them all. I got to disc 4 of 9 and got burnt out. I still like the classic FF games more. I always get the urge to play 6 again.

Thats all that has caught my interest so far. Just been watching videos on the xbox live marketplace.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Having been a miserable git (gamer) for sometime, I can reliably inform you all your E3 gaming dreams will be in tatters by Christmas, because all new games are rubbish. This is an indisputable fact.(Does not include MGS4 which was a fanboy spectacular made for people with soul. i.e. me.)

Although I'm hanging my dainty 2009 dreams on:

Ghostbusters. (Edge gave it a 7)
God of War 3. (If this rubbish I'm going to Playstation HQ in London and burning my PS3 in front of it.)
Uncharted 2. (The romantic fool that I am)
Operation Flashback 2. (optimistic fool that I am)
GT5. (This will not happen in my life time so why am I hoping?)

What else? What's e3 unveiled? The new PSP looks okay.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 pm

3DOKid wrote:God of War 3. (If this rubbish I'm going to Playstation HQ in London and burning my PS3 in front of it.)
I had passing contact with one of the series directors. Not sure if he's on board for the third installment but I can pass insults along if you wish :wink:

Seven isn't bad for Ghostbusters especially if it's from those hard asses at EDGE. Visited them once, wall to wall games and merchandise from publishers pushing the wares! I think they gave Dead Space a 7 come to think of it and I loved that game to bits, especially as it was only a tenner in the sales!

Left 4 Dead 2 looks really good. Must of played the first one for at least 50+ hours and still going, excellent value for £20! Although Britain is the only country that'd find the backward 'victory' sign offensive on the proposed box art (left 4 dead '2' get it?). I'm curious if they'll change that ala Left 4 Dead Japan release. The whole deal with the Nuclear Holocaust and a missing thumb struck a chord with that market. Although judging from Japanese cinema they do have extreme tastes, it's hard to see how a missing thumb is offensive.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:38 pm

Ghostbusters does look pretty cool. But who actually knows how it plays? Looks isnt everything. I like how areas from the movie are re-created quite nicely.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 am

I don't trust Edge to put a number or words next to any game,

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:28 pm

I wish Sony would focus more on software for the psp, and less on hardware revisions (4 in as many years :roll: ) It's no wonder I play my DS more! Looking forward to Nintendo announcements today.