Wii sports resort is pretty good

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Wii sports resort is pretty good

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I had quite a bit of fun playing w/my brother in-law in the flying game (makes me think that pilotwings is overdue for a new installment) I was trying to get balloons, but we often ended up just shooting at eachother. :P

The ping pong game was kinda cool too, as the ball seemed to go just where I was aiming. Backhands need some practice, but I was impressed w/the accuracy.

Archery was interesting too w/what little bit I played of it. Pulling the nunchuck back gave it a unique (if somewhat gimmicky feel) Not sure why one of the levels took place on a bridge, but whatever.

Didn't try the other games yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend it for anyone who plays w/friends or who entertains much. :)

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 pm

That thing about pulling the nunchuck back to shoot the arrow it's what's making me buy a Move for my PS3, I've seen something like that on Sports Champion and it's pretty interesting.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

I own at the ping pong. I also tried the rockstar table tennis game and I hated it. It was completly not fun compared to the one in Wii Sports Resort.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm

LOL the Move! If Sony is going to copy someone else they could at least make it look cooler. First time I saw one I thought it was a light up microphone. I've tried the Wiimote the motion plus add-on, and the Move. The Move is a little bit less accurate than the Wiimote without motion plus. Not enough to be frustrating but Wiimote with motion plus is definitely superior. I have yet to try the Kinect.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:31 pm

I've seen a bit more accuracy out of both, honestly. It really depends on the game. Not much on the Wii has approached the sheer precision of Sports Champions' Table Tennis. Then again, Sports Champions' sword fighting is a slow affair that doesn't work as well as those Wii titles that require actual movement.

I am very, very upset with Punch-Out.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 am

Punch-Out plays like the old ones if you forfeit the motion controls. I can't picture myself playing it any other way. :)

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm

WarioWare it's the ONLY game that used the full potential of the wii controller on the wii. Period.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Forgot about this old post.

I only have 10 or so Wii games, but my favorite for motion control (thus far) is probably Elebits (a launch game!). I love being able to pick up huge objects and fling them at will (I tend to trash the locales rather than try to play the levels proper :lol: )

Wii Sports Resort is still the only game I've played that uses the motion plus, so I'm not sure how it really compares to just the straight remote.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5