R.I.P. Captain America

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

R.I.P. Captain America

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Not sure if you all know this or not, but Marvel Comics killed off Captain America in the latest issue of Captain America that just hit the news stands. He was shot from the top of a Court House by a sniper.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:09 am

This keeps popping up as a top headline on Google news. I didn't think Captain America was that relevant anymore! Anyway, he'll be back. Or at least, someone else will take on the Captain America persona, I'm sure. Comic superheroes don't stay dead.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:55 am

Mobius wrote:This keeps popping up as a top headline on Google news. I didn't think Captain America was that relevant anymore! Anyway, he'll be back. Or at least, someone else will take on the Captain America persona, I'm sure. Comic superheroes don't stay dead.
Yeah, I remember the U.S. Agent thing in the 80's, but yeah, sometimes when they kill off a character, they do not come back. A great example is the original Superman. The new Superman is a clone. I know it sounds fishy, but he still ain't the same as there are differences like the fact that he can be hurt and isn't as strong as the original. He can also actually get sick. These little things helped to revitalize Supes, and he needed it. Captain America though is more popular now than he has ever been, so I do not understand the reasoning behind this move at all.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!