Awesome thrift store finds.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Awesome thrift store finds.

Post by BryWI » Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm

I just saw in another topic that someone had found a 3do at a thrift store for $12. Now thats awesome.

My find a few weeks ago was a unused, complete boxed (manuals, registration cards, anti static bag, disks, etc etc) Sound blaster 2.0 card. The thing looked like it was never even touched and was kept in a dark room for ever. Actually it was more like it time warped from the singapore factory to today. I got it for $7 at the goodwill thrift store. The only thing was there was a slight minor tear at the top of the box. Why someone would hold on to one of these just to donate it to goodwill is beyond me. I was planning on scanning the manual and making disc images but I've been quite lazy lately heh.

Anyone else have some awesome thrift store finds stories to share?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 am

No.

Edit. I have never found any gaming items in a thrift store, ever. I've spotted copies of Fifa 95 on Genesis but that doesn't count. I live in a posh area, with a posh school and I think all the kids go to school on a Saturday, so they don't have time to play games. Or smoke or hang around with girls or be geeks which is what i did. Then again I never gave my old stuff to thrift shops either, so there you go...

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 am

I just found, today, a $2 bin. I retrieved the following:

PSP
Twisted Metal Head-On

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Pikmin 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mega Man X Collection

Dreamcast
Shenmue aka The Game for People Who Want to Be Japanese

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu May 13, 2010 6:53 pm

nice.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Why is Thrift 100% run by recovering drug addicts? Knocking down the price is not even a challenge :twisted:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 am

Devin wrote:Why is Thrift 100% run by recovering drug addicts? Knocking down the price is not even a challenge :twisted:
My mum worked for Cancer Research Shop and she hardly ever touches heroin any more. Or indeed, has never seen a PSP for £1.50