Amiga HD System

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Amiga HD System

Post by Devin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:43 pm

No not High Definition but Hard Driven! After years of wanting I've only just bought an A600HD unit. I'm well impressed as well. Can't believe I actually went through the throws of changing all those damned multi-disk adventure games like Monkey Island and Indiana Jones! Still I guess my £1 a week pocket money meant I had to put up or shut up, either way an Amiga Hard Drive was a mere dream. At least now I can enjoy the games as they were meant to be played! :D

Anyone here an Amiga buff like me? I'm thinking about getting one of those PCMCIA cards so you can load files from your PC directly to the Amiga HD. Need to get a new HD come to think of it as the 20MB Amiga original doesn't cut the mustard. Apparently anything under 4GB will work with the standard A600HD.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:41 pm

I wouldn't call myself an Amiga buff, but I have owned a cd32 for a little over 5 years, and I enjoy it a fair deal. I remember playing my friends Amiga 500 when I was a kid, and I loved it! The cd32 is good, because besides having a bunch of the older games ported w/enhanced sound & such, it also has some true 32-bit content, as well as a degree of backwards compatibility w/the cdtv.

I'm actually trying to play through 'Liberation' right now, which I think is a very cool looking title w/a lot of potential. Interesting story, good graphics, and terrific audio! :)

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Never advanced past the A600 in Amiga wares but I was always interested in the CD32 et al.

Having fun ripping apart the A600 HD system at the moment. For some reason that new HD won't format! I'll solve the problem in the end. I'm quite surprised how small all the components are in an A600. Always imagined it bulging with chips and wires but instead find it to be a tight very robust build. Good on Commodore, they certainly built it to last.