None Biritsh collectors?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

None Biritsh collectors?

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Any none British collectors out there that that collect old British computers like the Sinclair Spectrum and the BBC Acorn and the Dragon 32? Just wondering.

Also, are there any people out there that collect qwirky consoles/computers that their country has made? (Japanese/Amerians need not apply)

Particularly you Germans and Russians...

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:09 pm

I can safely say no to all of that. To most Yanks there is pretty much no interest in British computers. There ARE SOME, but it's not a popular thing to collect here by any means. I am not sure why really either. Some of the Brit/Euro PCs are some of the best ever made.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:38 pm

I wouldn't say best, I would say interesting and different.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Re: None Biritsh collectors?

Post by Silentman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm

3DOKid wrote:Particularly you Germans and Russians...
I'm trying to collect only 3DO games and stuff =)

There were russian consoles/computers, that were really good for their time - Partner (Партнер), Radio (Радио), Vector (Вектор), Orion (Орион), Electronica (Электроника - Nintendo handheld clone), russian arcade games and etc. Production of these consoles/computers were stopped in early 90th, because they couldn't compete with chinese NES/SNES/Sega clones and IBM computers. And now these consoles/computers are HTF.

P.S. How many grammar mistakes have I made in this post? :oops:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 pm

I remember Russian clones of the Sinclair Spectrum featuring in magazines back in the 1980s. I always thought it was amazing

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 pm

3DOKid wrote:I remember Russian clones of the Sinclair Spectrum featuring in magazines back in the 1980s. I always thought it was amazing
Yes, it was pretty good, but unfortunately I don't remember it's titles.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 am

I have considered looking at those micros as an extension of my collection. It's only time , cost , availability and space stopping me :wink:

here in Oz we got to choose from the best of British and American for a long time - unfortunately so much choice for a relatively small user base means that pretty much everything is hard to get. I do have a beautiful boxed C64C Pro pack complete with floppy drive , arcade stick and bundled software but so far that's it :cry:

I remember quite clearly seeing BBC micros and ZX Spectrums for sale in department stores at the time and there was an "Australian" range of computers sold through a then independant chain Dick Smiths. They are quite collectable here.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG