Lost in Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Lost in Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 pm

I'm in France. Paris. Sureness Novotel to be exact. And I'm bored. Alone. And bored. I even went through all the minibar cans of beer. It hasn't helped.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 pm

....Spanish TV. TVE? Worse. I don't speak any Spanish. None sadly. I think someone just said 'Hola' but I can't be sure and the moment has passed.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:17 pm

...and the Italian channel "Rai Uno" is awful too.

I can't bring myself to watch BBC World service. CNN is talking about football...

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Thats why there had to be a portable 3do. :lol: :lol:

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:28 pm

Yeah, I'd bet you would even play some Primal Rage right about now :D

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:04 am

Yes! That's it guys, rub salt into the wound! :D

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:24 am

I'm in Seattle for the next few days. I just had some really good Greek food. You're in Paris -- there has to be something to do!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:43 pm

The food & sights aren't doing it for you 3DOKid? Is it cause you need a video game fix? I thought you owned a PSP? Oh well, I suggest grabbing a DS asap, as it is a great system!

I remember a few years ago EGM had a gag list of top 10 products shown at E3. One of them was a portable 3DO "3DO-on-the-go" Too bad it wasn't real ...

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Trev wrote:I remember a few years ago EGM had a gag list of top 10 products shown at E3. One of them was a portable 3DO "3DO-on-the-go" Too bad it wasn't real ...
Any pictures?? Never heard of that.

Madroms

Re: Lost in Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.

Post by Madroms » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:06 pm

3DOKid wrote:I'm in France. Paris. Sureness Novotel to be exact. And I'm bored. Alone. And bored. I even went through all the minibar cans of beer. It hasn't helped.

Too bad I didn't live in Paris.
What's the purpose of your trip here/there ? work or gaming ? :wink:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Any pictures?? Never heard of that.
Nope, no mock-ups were given. It was just a small list, and since everyhting was a gag, it was pretty bare bones. All it had besides the name was a quote, something to the effect of 'Now you can play Rise of the Robots and Gex on the go'

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:52 am

I'm here (again) on work. It's not what you think. I have one of those jobs that my mother is proud of but the reality is quite different.

When she is scampering around talking to her friends, she's like:

"My Son is in Paris/Boston/Tokyo/Rome/Tel Aviv/Etc"

Which I guess sounds pretty cool. right? It does in the mind of 60 year old proud mother from the <dramatic pause> Ghetto (cue Elvis) ...anyway.

Truth is, from the office where I'm temporarily buried, the only clue I have to the fact I'm in France is the receptionist has a cute accent (amongst other things) and the clock on my mobile phone is wrong.

Airport-->Aeroplane-->Taxi-->Hotel-->office

and then in reverse.

Sob story right? Not really I guess. i know. suffice to say it's difficult to appreciate places when you're on your own. I'd love to come to these places on holiday.

Paris, obviously, is pretty easy to visit from the UK and I've been here for a trip with the wife. And to be honest the Parisians get a bad press. I mean, I'm English (with a capital E) and the wife is Japanese (with a big J) and we came here on Bastille day - a big day for the French. And me and the wife represent the worst combination of tourists, right? The waiters were stressed, pushed and pressured and to be totally honest - they were all very nice, the French were very good, even when I spoke bad french and we sat under the Eiffel Tower and watched the fireworks. I like France. I do. I had great time. The taxis are awful. The hotels are questionable - but the country is utterly brilliant and so are the people.

I loved America too. It was 3 days in Boston, Concord actually, when it snowed heavily on the west coast last year? February time. My exposure to the country stems from TV, movies, music - I'm a gushing USA zealous fanboy, I mean i get teary eyed when I see the Space Shuttle and hear Top Gun title theme - sad but true - blame Hollywood, the same as I'm a gushing Tokyo fanboy.

If I win the lottery I'm living in all 4 countries on a rotation basis! (UK, FR, US, JP)

When I'm enthusiastic - I'm really enthusiastic - when I'm anti - I'm really anti - I've worked hard to tame that ;)

Anyway, couldn't move in Boston, the other UK guys didn't turn up because of the weather and I spent 2 days pottering around in US Coffee shops, eggs benedict, a US taxi, a proper US burger, just a few snippets watching TV, a pharmacy, some small shops, I took pictures of US school buses and American houses and err stuff - one of the best trips ever.

Tonight - I felt home sick today - so I had Sushi and Yakitori (skewers) ;)

'cept it was a French-Korean interpretation of it so, erm, well... it's not like Okasan (mother) used to make - that's for sure. ;)

I have some 3DO games in ISO format on my HD, but, to be honest, I don't enjoy games when they are emulated - I prefer the real thing. Even if the controller is rubbish.

I missed my Panasonic Arcade Stick - I'm not ashamed to say it!

Evening chaps!

3DO Kid.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:05 am

Trev wrote:The food & sights aren't doing it for you 3DOKid? Is it cause you need a video game fix? I thought you owned a PSP? Oh well, I suggest grabbing a DS asap, as it is a great system!

I remember a few years ago EGM had a gag list of top 10 products shown at E3. One of them was a portable 3DO "3DO-on-the-go" Too bad it wasn't real ...
I have a DS! I have Mario Kart, Advanced Wars and Brain Games - and that's about it. It's what call a wife pacifier. I got Love Hamster, a Tale of game and Tingle for the missus on import and use it to occupy her while i'm on the old 3DO forum ;)

To be honest, can't be bothered to play any games - I'm in that too much caffeine - not enough sleep state - that means the mind is artificially active... all i can do is lie on the bed and stare bored at the wall. ...and type. I can do that. oh and ramble on and on and on and on... :)

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm

You can find some very good japanese restaurants in Paris, real japanese cooking, not the "traditional" sushi bar. But you need to know the correct address :wink: