The human race, according to ebay.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

The human race, according to ebay.

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 pm

okay, so I sold a bunch of PS2/GC/360 stuff on ebay, and all it did was errode my belief in the human race.

the phrase "Ship to UK only" it seems ambigious, but only if you have the brain of a newt or are the spawn of sexual relations with relations and live a-top a mountain.

AFTER the auction, that seems like a good time to negotiate price, if you are a dick.

Realising you can't afford your maximum bid, after your mother left you after one night because you are 100% ass wipe.

Nintendo fans. I weep for you. I sold Resident Evil 1,2,3,x for the same price you could buy a PS1 and all the games and have change for a McDonalds. It's just a console. If it's cheaper on the PS1, sony won't really know. You don't have to be ripped off. Nintendo have just created a market of Fear, uncertainity and doubt. Nintendo fans, you are being robbed.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Everybody's being robbed right now. Ubisoft is releasing a PC shelf box for Shaun White Skateboarding... it's a download, and you must be connected to the internet at all times to comply with the series of armed checkpoints they set up to create your vague property rights nebula. Sony already did that with Patapon 2.

Electronic Arts thinks Rock Band 3 is worth $60 on the Wii. Not the bundle, just the software. I'm surprised they beat Activision to the punch.

The 360, produced by any sane consumer electronics company, would possibly have been recalled but would DEFINITELY have been redesigned at great cost. But it turns out consumers are freaking morons who will buy something destined to break, so no need. Thanks, automotive industry. You led the way on that one.

Then again, an informed consumer would reject such a product out of hand anyway.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Not me. I'm not robbed. Well, maybe I am, but UBI, Sony, MS, Nintendo and Atari want to be using their Ninja robbers, because I only buy the games I like, at the price I want. The first hint of DLC or cheaper on another platform and I am there. I never played an air-guitar game mind. (i missed that boat sadly) I just like regular old style games. Like I say, I'm looking forward to Vanquish and GT5. First hint of stupid DLC on GT5 and it can go f**k itself.

That said, watching Nintendo fans line up to pay £22 ($30) for a second hand copy of Resident Evil 1, exactly the same as the £3 version of RE1 on the £5 PS1 is just stupid. Plain and simple. Fanboy stupidness aside, that's just unfair. Nintendo make nice games -- sure. And if you want to pay a premium for Nintendo games like Mario and F-Zero and whatever, that's up to you, but you are a dick to pay over the odds for a multi-platform game just because the alternative is on a Sony console. I paid £4 for each of those Resident Evil games in BlockBuster...

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 am

Isn't RE1 on Gamecube supposed to be a huge update over the original? I've never played an RE game, but I remember there being a lot of hype around the remake.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 am

Well I got well and truly ripped off this week with my purchase of Civ V - love the game in all its guises and pre ordered without researching it to my detriment. For the first time , although paying nearly $100 US for the LE set , I had to actually sell my soul to steam. Yep Civ V is a steam only product that involved a bloody 5gb download to play. This pushed me over my monthly limit and cost me a fortune with my IP. In addition to this steam didn't release it for Australian play till 10am the day following its official release which effectively meant we got it 2 days after the US.

Screw you steam - never again
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:31 am

Yeah, I created my nosteam rule on the website store for that particular reason, I had a friend in Australia suffering because of that weird treatment of bandwidth as if it were a post-holocaust petroleum-based substance. I won't list any PC games that demand constant online contact until somebody sends me a clean nosteam patch or the equivalent. After I check the code for viruses, I'll relist the game with a link to the patch.

I'll probably get sued into oblivion for this eventually, but cripes.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 am

Mobius wrote:Isn't RE1 on Gamecube supposed to be a huge update over the original? I've never played an RE game, but I remember there being a lot of hype around the remake.
Yeah it was. That's why I don't understand Kid's comments. It wasn't upgraded it was remade. I remember watching the video in the beginning and my friend and I were watching it waiting for the vid to end and the game to start until one of us used the controller and saw that the game looked just as good as the CGI.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:48 am

I didn't notice a humongous difference between the two. That's why I'm selling the GC version.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:38 am

The GC version looks utterly fantastic, but loses a lot of charm. I yearn for the days when a major voice actor was named "Michael G" and they pretty much all sucked in hilarious ways. In a way, great graphics and competent acting have made games mundane.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 pm

3DOKid wrote:I didn't notice a humongous difference between the two. That's why I'm selling the GC version.
I'll let 3DOExp touch this one ... :roll:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Oz is still in the Dark ages when it comes to internet though. That whole pay by bandiwdth used is crap and never works out when some idiot company tries it out over here. The day that happens on my ISP, I will switch right away. Even if that means getting... :shudder: D S L again. :(

I am not really a power internet user, but every now and then I do something that I am suprised my ISP doesnt call me up about. Like a couple weeks ago I downloaded 200GB in 36 hours. Dont ask!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Trev wrote:
3DOKid wrote:I didn't notice a humongous difference between the two. That's why I'm selling the GC version.
I'll let 3DOExp touch this one ... :roll:
Clearly he needs his eyes checked. Trev, can you be a dear and hand me that melon baller?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:58 am

:lol:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:04 am

What really ticked me off is RE2 for the GC. I think they spent all their time and budget on 1 & 0 that 2 ended up looking like crap in comparison. And 2 was my fav RE game. :(

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 am

Yeah, RE2 should have gotten the treatment. it's a shame that the usual Nintendo Jihad has to run out of steam right there.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

It was Capcom's fault this time. 1, was awesome 0 was somehow even better looking, I'm all excited about 2 and when it comes out I'm like... this falls way too close to the N64 category WTF? They should have done 2 and then worked on 0 because they could leach graphics from 2 while making 3.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 am

They should have spent more time doing 5.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:34 am

Speaking of Silent Hill

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am

Alone in the Dark, anyone?? *cough* Oh yeah, that's right.. The last good one was over ten years ago. Whoops.