Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Given the ebay stupidity out there

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I used these rules.

Rules of engagement.

1. Do not ask stupid questions. Also, do not feel obliged to ask questions just because you can.

2. Does it say I will ship outside the UK? No it doesn't, so don't ask.

3. Postage is free, see rule 1 about combined shipping.

4. Yes, I really only do accept Paypal.

5. Questions using txt-speak, over use of CAPITAL LETTERS and gratuitous over use of exclamation marks will be handled with the contempt they deserve.

6. I reserve the right to cancel people’s bids.

7. Generally, games include disc, manual and cover. If it doesn't, I'll mention the fact.

8. Refunds are given out once the faulty item has been returned to me.

9. If you aren't happy, and why should you be, contact me in the first instance.

10. Anyone negotiating price after the auction, is a cock.

11. If I wanted to do a ‘Buy it Now’ I would have done. Reflect on this prior to asking. (See rule 1 for details)

12. Miscellaneous. See rule 1.

ebay then threatened to cancel my listing because of the word "Cock". My defense: "Jeremy Clarkson uses that word all the time on the BBC" didn't wash either sadly.

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Excellent, I've got to steal those rules for my auctions 8)

And what could possibly be so wrong about using the word cock, pffft cocking ebay.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

I had this:

Hi 3dokid.
I would like to know if you can ship to italy...
Thank you.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 pm

to which I have responded:

"Dear Professor, please refer to point number 2 in the listing. Love, 3DOKid."

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 pm

I also had this:

"HI 3DOKID!!!!!!! IS THIS BID FOR AN XBOX GAME?!!!!!! AND WOULD YOU SHIP TO AUSTRALIA?!!!!! I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF U WUD DO COMBINED SHIPPING?!!!!! R U SURE U WONT ACCEPT A CHEQUE?!!!!!!! IF I BID ON DIS ITEM R U GOIN 2 CANCEL MA BID?!!!!! AND ALSO WUD U DO A BUY IT NOW FOR ME?!!!!!! I'll GIVE U 1P!!!!!!!! I ALREADY SENCE THAT I WOULDNT BE HAPPY WITH MY ITEM CZ OV UR COCKY ATTITUDE BUT IM GLAD U HAVE TOOK SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT IN SOUNDING LIKE A MISERABLE OLD FART AND IT HAS GIVEN ME AN MY GIRLFRIEND A RIGHT LAF!!!!!! DO U HAVE A LIFE[ ( REFLECT ON THIS PRIOR TO ASKING) SEE RULE 1 FOR DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ] !!!!!!!!"

so I asked the winner how is cocaine, hooker and Ferrari party was going, being such a winner and all, to which he never responded. I was amazed, taking the time out between hookers, cocaine and Ferraris to comment on my eBay listing. Made me feel like a winner ;)

He's not Australian by the way, he is British. I'm very proud.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:58 pm

An adult male chicken; a rooster.
An adult male of various other birds.
A weathervane shaped like a rooster; a weathercock.
A leader or chief.
A faucet or valve by which the flow of a liquid or gas can be regulated.
The hammer of a firearm.
The position of the hammer of a firearm when ready for firing.
A tilting or jaunty turn upward: the cock of a hat.

All of the above are listed as acceptable definitions of a cock. Tell Ebay to check the dictionary. :P
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 am

I see I'm not the only one here who likes cock. :twisted:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Given the ebay stupidity out there

Post by BryWI » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:38 am

3DOKid wrote:ebay then threatened to cancel my listing because of the word "Cock". My defense: "Jeremy Clarkson uses that word all the time on the BBC" didn't wash either sadly.
Ah yes, Jeremy Clarkson. Many a laugh that guy has caused me. You can thank America's FCC for the word cock being so bad. When Top Gear airs on BBC America, they cant say cock. It gets beeped out. Not like I haven't watched the AVI already by that point anyways. It's how I know they said cock.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Given the ebay stupidity out there

Post by Lemmi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:28 am

BryWI wrote:
3DOKid wrote:ebay then threatened to cancel my listing because of the word "Cock". My defense: "Jeremy Clarkson uses that word all the time on the BBC" didn't wash either sadly.
Ah yes, Jeremy Clarkson. Many a laugh that guy has caused me. You can thank America's FCC for the word cock being so bad. When Top Gear airs on BBC America, they cant say cock. It gets beeped out. Not like I haven't watched the AVI already by that point anyways. It's how I know they said cock.
heh! oh the wonderful FCC (should be a voted on position since its our airwaves)
at one point in 2004/2005 the word bukkakee couldnt be described
when stern was being fined for indecency during the early morning hours when kids hardly listened to morning radio. Love Lines was on at night after 10 or 11pm had nothing but 12 to 17 year old kids calling in and it was way more graffic than stern
oh and Oprah had someone on her show that said "Tits" like 10 times and wasnt fined and stern would get fined if he allowed that word on the air. The FCC told some of the complainers that Oprah is allowed to say certain off-color words that Stern cannot because she is a "beloved" TV Icon. the best one was Oprah and guest were talking about "Tossing Salad" alot :lol:

<Steps off his Soapbox>
i will do this for you guys :roll: :roll:
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 am

In the UK we have these dial-in TV shows on Freeview (free cable tv). One is called Smile TV and there are some others. Typically, they have a 95% naked woman wriggling about on screen having phone-sex with people willing to spend £5 a minute or whatever it is. The girls can be topless, but they can't show anything below the waist. Anyway, apparently, one day the lady in questions bikini bottoms slipped and for a split second the viewing public could see everything... someone complained... think about that. There are some messed up people.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 am

I got this response:
"You preach with your very large words and you dont know what "ov" "acctually means"........ hahahahahahaha you are a very funny person. You obviously think every single person that shops on eBay is an idiot......I actually was going to purchase an item off you but after reading the description, quickly changed my mind. Obviously due to your experiences in the past you have now tard eveyone with the same brush. However, maybe not everyone is as well educated as you and you may be right in leaving a step by step guide as to how to contact you in the right way........but as a result of this I think it was very insulting and you have just lost yourself a customer. Happy selling"
This guy wears his ignorance/stupidity like a badge of honour. Proud, to be a dumb as a monkey. Besides, what large words did I use? I can't spell for toffee, I actually avoid long words...

The mix-up he makes with 'tard and tarred made me blow a snot bubble mind you.

I still don't know what 'ov' means.

Anyway, I responded:
Dear hummerh1987,

Thank you Professor.

I take it I will miss out on a whole £3.00 or £4.00 from you?

Someone cancel the Ferrari will they?

In all seriousness, thanks for not buying.

Kind regards,