Fallout 3

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Fallout 3

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Good grief this is boring. I was in vault 101, bored. I escaped, bored. I'm now in Megaton, bored. Does this game have no mercy? When does it liven up? New Vegas? I played it for two hours, and it has reduced me tears.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm

No! It's not boring. Discover you first houses, ruins, fight your way around the next corner, avoid traps, go to the Metro tunnels, pure horror, damaged lights, howling nearby... Steal and murder everything, no barriers (except around the map), play the 5 add ons, VATS is for the brutal nature in everyone, a sadistic but effective gameplay/design element.
Vegas is more like a light version, I'm playing it for 14 hrs so far and it is not so good, because it HAS barriers, invisible but they're there (around the deathclaw area for example), which is annoying. So, Vegas does not feel 100% free and Fallout 3 like. Please play 3 first, and then Vegas.

F3:

FNV:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Them pictures look interesting. Okay - I'll keep trying, but talking to these people in this town is doing my head in. Can I not just shoot them all?

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Kill'em all.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am

Well, I thought I would start small. So, I decided to start a Holy Crusade against the pagan church of the Holy atom. Didn't go well. Killed everyone that wasn't central to the story, ran out of bullets, walked outside, got wasted.

I do have a Burt Reynolds mustache now, and a cowboy hat. So it is picking up a little.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Met two other guys early in the morning.

Fallout NV is has too many invisible walls, they're everywhere. This sucks. I'm waiting for The Elder Scrolls V, for more freedeom.
Last edited by NikeX on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:15 pm

New Vegas had far superior writing to FO3. Plus the endgame montage actually meant a damn thing to what you'd done in the game. FO3 just showed entirely random patchwork events and Bethesda dared to claim it had some insane number of endings based on these combinations of the same crap.

Too bad NV was just as buggy. Obsidian ain't getting the budget they need to back up their design chops. Alpha Protocol was tolerable purely on the merits of its meticulously planned branching plot.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 pm

I want Morrowind in a Fallout World:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX-MvnYUEs

Or Fallout in the present world. Without all that mutant fiction stuff. Less comedy, more realistic setting.

Or the 8 Bit Version:
http://www.bethsoft.com/jpn/fo/fo_quest/index.html

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:26 pm

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah there was a lot of buildings that just could not be entered.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:59 pm

The problem about Fallout 3 it's that a lot of people was expecting it to be a FPS full of cheesy action like Modern Warfare, but that isn't the case, Fallout was never a FPS, so Bethesda couldn't just make it a action FPS and ruin the game, that's why it is considered boring by most ofthe FPS enthusiasts, because it plays like a FPS but it's actually a solid RPG.
It's just like Oblivion, it's an amazing game with a really immersive world, but you gotta have patience as you slowly progress trough the game.
Both Fallout 3 and Oblivion are amazing experiences, and you get what you paid for, a huge game with lots of things to do.
And let's be honest, I rather have a huge world to explore with lots of things to do that progress slowly than 5/6 hours of insane action with cheesy explosions that has an end.
At least that's my opinion. :roll: