Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

3DO Kid:
PS1 +1. hugely impressed.
Tatsumaru:
The 3DS fails to impress me, GT on the PSP has way better graphics ...
The old story again. Every year, every generation.

Obviously it needs _o_n_l_y_ graphics to impress you all.

We're gamers, we should look for games which boost interactivity and imagination. 3D and game of skills which use space can be innovative.

Instead we look for graphics.
We look for Ridge Racer, for Street Fighter, for Uncharted, for whatever, big names, big spender, big dazzler.

It seems video gaming limits imagination.
Even in 3D and with touch screen.
3DO where are you.

The Tyranny of the Visual by Chris Crawford:
http://www.erasmatazz.com/page78/page11 ... ranny.html

more:
http://www.erasmatazz.com/page78/page11 ... esign.html

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 pm

NikeX wrote:Instead we look for graphics.
We look for Ridge Racer, for Street Fighter, for Uncharted, for whatever, big names, big spender, big dazzler.
Are you REALLY in such a rush to malign series with excellent gameplay just because they don't use Nintendo's current version of the Super Scope Six and thus render your opinion firmly in the realm of fanboy crap-flinging?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 am

OMG! 3DS sucks so bad because I don't care about 3D and touch pads are too interactive. The only thing that matters are graphics not fun. Seriously, Nintendo gotta do better than making a new Nintendo DS with PSP graphics to impress me... like make it 3D or something, not wait... that's not what I meant.

I got a game that will blow any of these outta the water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SfvhZgD7Bk
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

MadMan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MadMan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:43 am

3DO Experience wrote:OMG! 3DS sucks so bad because I don't care about 3D and touch pads are too interactive. The only thing that matters are graphics not fun. Seriously, Nintendo gotta do better than making a new Nintendo DS with PSP graphics to impress me... like make it 3D or something, not wait... that's not what I meant.

I got a game that will blow any of these outta the water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SfvhZgD7Bk

ehhhhhhh
fun, but WAY overhyped.
This one's for johnny!!!

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 am

3DO Experience wrote:OMG! 3DS sucks so bad because I don't care about 3D and touch pads are too interactive. The only thing that matters are graphics not fun. Seriously, Nintendo gotta do better than making a new Nintendo DS with PSP graphics to impress me... like make it 3D or something, not wait... that's not what I meant.

50 PS3 games are going to be fully 3D in 2011, but those details some Nintendo fans usually don't tell. :roll:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah but the games will still suck. LOL I think you missed the point games are no good unless they are fun. Hence hey are called games.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Yeah but the games will still suck. LOL I think you missed the point games are no good unless they are fun. Hence hey are called games.
See? You're being a fanboy.
You're presuming that since they are games on the PS3 they won't be fun, so there's no point on arguing.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I think the message here trying to be put across is that the newer games are no where near as fun as games of the old days, regardless of which console they are on. At least thats how I feel.

I have been playing old DOS games from the early 90s lately.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Vance wrote:
NikeX wrote:Instead we look for graphics.
Are you REALLY in such a rush to malign series with excellent gameplay just because they don't use Nintendo's current version of the Super Scope Six and thus render your opinion firmly in the realm of fanboy crap-flinging?
Thanks, the first part nearly is correct. The 2nd part is from an ancient world we call the "childhood".
We don't want freedom, we want big names, series, fake ass gameplay, script events, swords, guns, balls, and, of course, Vance, fanboy stereotype categories.
Gaming means exploring for me. But we explore only images, better graphics, a new successor, killer star _g_r_a_p_h_i_c_s

Is this the revolution? Playing PS3 games now mobile?
But as always it drifts into a debate on principles.

Again, read Chris Crawford, if you have time.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

NikeX wrote:Is this the revolution? Playing PS3 games now mobile?
When it comes to Sony, people aways blind themself to trash talk. PSP has basically the same hardware as the PS2, where they the SAME console? No. The PS3 has Touch Screen? I don't think so, so why on earth are you saying that the NGP is a mobile PS3? Because it is as powerful as a PS3? So, now the concept of being a handheld "diferent" of the console is being weaker, using exceeded hardware?

By the way, even if the NGP playing PS3 games, being able to play your PS3 save of some game on the go with the NGP IT'S A REVOLUTION, deal with it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I have to say I am graphics whore. That said, I can be impressed by the graphics on any system when I take the system itself into account.

I don't for example, think that NFS on 3DO is worse than Uncharted 2 simple because the graphics are better. Game play is important, but I do like to impressed.

Also, I'm not a big fan of cutesy graphics. I like gritty real graphics, be they a space ship (colony wars, Wing Command III, Kill Zone 2) or racing games or something. That said I always liked Gex, and I played Paper Mario 2 and loved every second. The same for Final Fantasy 1 and 2 and 6 all of which I loved.

I want to see a 3DS on the go, just to see. but I have to say I'm more excited by the PSP2, although the claims that it's a PS3 in the palm of your hand I don't buy for a second.

The next gen graphics are what drew me to 3DO and for that matter the Jag, the 32x, Neo Geo CD and every Playstation.

Do super-duper graphics add anything to a game? It's all part of the experiencefor me. I still remember the shock and awe of Daytona and Ridge Racer, i think if they had been with the same game mechanics but with inferior graphics, i would not have enjoyed them nearly as much.

I don't doubt for a second that the games produced for the Nintendo consoles won't be fun. They will but without orgamsmic super effects and billions of polygons and some funky filtering, I to be honest, will just pass them by.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:05 am

BryWI wrote:I think the message here trying to be put across is that the newer games are no where near as fun as games of the old days, regardless of which console they are on.
Yup.
Tatsumaru wrote:See? You're being a fanboy.
You're presuming that since they are games on the PS3 they won't be fun, so there's no point on arguing.
Tatsumaru wrote:IT'S A REVOLUTION, deal with it.
Boy, you are easy. :)

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Tatsumaru wrote:
NikeX wrote:Is this the revolution? Playing PS3 games now mobile?
When it comes to Sony, people aways blind themself to trash talk. PSP has basically the same hardware as the PS2, where they the SAME console? No. The PS3 has Touch Screen? I don't think so, so why on earth are you saying that the NGP is a mobile PS3? Because it is as powerful as a PS3? So, now the concept of being a handheld "diferent" of the console is being weaker, using exceeded hardware?

By the way, even if the NGP playing PS3 games, being able to play your PS3 save of some game on the go with the NGP IT'S A REVOLUTION, deal with it.
Very interesting Tatsumaru. But let's make not a big drift.

Making things mobile and more innovative to control (Wii, NGP) is not a revolution, it's rather the next step in our modern times.

It doesn't change the situation: Script events, better cosmetics / graphics.

A simple shooter - now mobile, with pointing device, and / or motion detecting in three dimensions, is a simple shooter. On Wii, on PS3, on 360. Makes fun. Yes.

But makes no revolution.
Minecraft (which curiously enough I don't like much) for example is the first step into a revolution.

I think the wrong way was made from decades ago. Users and Developers thought making better graphics (cosmetics) is advanced and make more fun. Ask yourself? Is that so? It's more attractive, but where is the fun? The exploring? A new world? Be creative?

Good games are like sex: Happens in the brain.
Not so on the screen.

What do you do with a woman you can only look at, but not touch?
Is this fun?
Where is the satisfaction? (Ban request, derail, included, I know)

Here is the point.

An alternative video game history would have a lower number of video game console / pc generations not focused on cosmetics (graphics) but on gameplay, interactivity, physics, A.I. etc...

A dollar spent in cosmetics is a dollar less spent in gameplay / design.

I think you're getting the picture now.

I'm not a fanboy. Are you a graphics fanboy?

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm

NikeX wrote:I think you're getting the picture now.

I'm not a fanboy. Are you a graphics fanboy?
Yes, I did, but I think you are missjudging the console that wasn't even released yet.
How can you be sure that it won't have creative games on it? Having the touch screen gives a lot of oportunities to make the gamming experience more unique not being gimmick like most of the DS games.
By the way, I'm not a graphics fanboy, I just think like 3DOkid, good graphics add a lot on your gamming experience.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 pm

I was at Magic Mountain a couple of weeks back and they were demoing the 3DS system. I got to hold one in my hands and play one level of Kid Icarus. I can honestly say that I was impressed. The 3D works well without glasses, which was nice, and the graphics looked pretty awesome. I know that I want one.

As for the PSP2, I will have to wait an see. The problem I have with SONY is their wild claims about what a system will do, and yet they never seem to stand up to the hype. Now, before I hear any nonsense about being a fanboy, I am not saying that the Playstation line sucks, I am saying that SONY is a company full of liars and marketing ploys to BS the consumer into believing that their systems will do crap that it won't. Example, the only reason the PS2 had an edge over the Dreamcast was because it had a DVD drive. To hear SONY talk though, it had tons more crap than it did. PSP doesn't impress me that much and the reason being would be the game support has been, well, crap. The handful of great games get's swept away by the garbage every time. Hype anyone? Look to the PSPgo, great example. PS3 had some pretty crazy claims at the beginning too. Oh, and SONY's claim that they had been working on their "Move" since the late 90's is utter nonsense. It's obvious they stole it from Nintendo. :roll: The only thing they did was stick a gay glowing ball on the end of it. With all of this in mind, not saying PSP2 will suck, but until I see an actual unit running in front of me showing off what the system can do, I am skeptical about it due to Sony's track record.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Well, okay.

Let's look at the PSP2 Bulls*it. The Internet is awash with claims the PSP2 is a PS3 in the palm of your hands. Sony didn't actually say that. A source close to Sony said it, and it doesn't take a hardware god to realise that the processing difference between a handheld device and a fully fledged console is pretty massive, but come the first PSP2 game that isn't identical to the PS3 it will be Sony said this, Sony said that.

And Nintendo and Sega have had their fair share of BS over the years. Poor Sonic has been whored out like a cheap whore for years, but the Sega faithful turn endless blind eyes to this, also forgetting Yu suzuki's claims that the Saturn version of VF will surpass the arcade version. Sure it will, I mean did. But hey... (Sony said this or that...)

Meanwhile who can forget the Silicon Graphics in Real Time claims associated to Nintendo and it's N64? Or Project Dolphin?

They all talk sh*t. They are all liars. This whole Sega/Nintendo lost to Sony because Sony are EVIL appears to me to be somewhat naive. Equally, this belief that Sony lied it's way into being the #1 console maker on earth is equally imbalanced. DReamcast failed because Sega ran out of fresh ideas. The Saturn was inferior to the PS1 in a great many ways. Nintendo were arrogant and unfriendly to everyone. The PS3 failed because Sony made all of the above mistakes.

I particularly do not like this 'under dog' is best mentality. Particularly prevalent in the UK. The under dog is the under dog because it is inferior to top dog. This is not an arrogant or egotistical or political statement, this is a fact. Just because you love something or dislike something else does not give people the right to bend or alter the truth or history to justify their emotional decisions.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 am

3DOKid wrote:Well, okay.

Let's look at the PSP2 Bulls*it. The Internet is awash with claims the PSP2 is a PS3 in the palm of your hands. Sony didn't actually say that. A source close to Sony said it, and it doesn't take a hardware god to realise that the processing difference between a handheld device and a fully fledged console is pretty massive, but come the first PSP2 game that isn't identical to the PS3 it will be Sony said this, Sony said that.

And Nintendo and Sega have had their fair share of BS over the years. Poor Sonic has been whored out like a cheap whore for years, but the Sega faithful turn endless blind eyes to this, also forgetting Yu suzuki's claims that the Saturn version of VF will surpass the arcade version. Sure it will, I mean did. But hey... (Sony said this or that...)

Meanwhile who can forget the Silicon Graphics in Real Time claims associated to Nintendo and it's N64? Or Project Dolphin?

They all talk sh*t. They are all liars. This whole Sega/Nintendo lost to Sony because Sony are EVIL appears to me to be somewhat naive. Equally, this belief that Sony lied it's way into being the #1 console maker on earth is equally imbalanced. DReamcast failed because Sega ran out of fresh ideas. The Saturn was inferior to the PS1 in a great many ways. Nintendo were arrogant and unfriendly to everyone. The PS3 failed because Sony made all of the above mistakes.

I particularly do not like this 'under dog' is best mentality. Particularly prevalent in the UK. The under dog is the under dog because it is inferior to top dog. This is not an arrogant or egotistical or political statement, this is a fact. Just because you love something or dislike something else does not give people the right to bend or alter the truth or history to justify their emotional decisions.
You are right. To be fair though, I have never been a huge Nintendo fan myself. I was a fan of the Commodore 64 back in the day and always loved Atari. During the 16bit days, I had the Turbo Grafx/PC Engine. I HATED the NES, SNES, and the N64. Wasn't a fan of the Gameboy line either until GBA SP. I had an Atari Lynx before any of this crap. I bought the Neo Geo Pocket at launch. Oh, and just for grins and giggles, the Dreamcast actually failed because of software piracy, not because Sega was out of ideas. Third party developers didn't want to release games on the Dreamcast because the next day after it released, the game was available on the internet for download. Piracy is not the entire reason, but it is a huge part as to why the Dreamcast failed. Ask Dan Loosen of "The Goat Store" as he was on the inside track of all of this due to his Goat Store Publishing at the time. Sega was going to release a Dreamcast that was unable to read CD's but axed the idea when they saw that most of the main third party companies bailed on them because of Piracy issues. It's all good though. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 pm

M2 was best :)

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:14 pm