Launching my next film, need community help

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Launching my next film, need community help

Post by awbacon » Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I am sure most of you know me as a 3DO / Killing Time junkie and fairly longtime member of the forum, but I am actually a filmmaker as well haha.

I am currently funding my next film "Almost There - Stories from the American Road" on Kickstarter, and of course need all the help / word of mouth I can get.

So that's why I am putting this here! Maybe if it works out, my next project can be some awesome 3DO video reviews (of killing time of course hah)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/133 ... rican-road

So that's it.

- Anthony

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 am

Wow, hold on.. First 30 seconds.. Totally equals the question/meaning of a segment in the movie, Waking Life.

Outside of that.. I think this is awesome. I would donate, but I've yet to set up a new card on my Amazon account after my card got compromised last week.. If you have a PayPal, I'd love to donate... (this isn't to deter anyone from watching, definitely check out the premise of his work.. the donating thing is an option of the site it's hosted on) :)

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for the insight man. No paypal for kickstarter, just the amazon payments.

Yeah, I am not directly posting this asking for donations. Just getting feedback. But if your compelled to help, I don't frown upon it haha

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 am

You can also help us out a ton by "liking" the project on kickstarter via the link above. The more "likes" we get, (button I under video window on page) the more popularity the project gathers, and the higher it appears on the kckstarter site

All help is greatly appreciated!

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 pm

We need help carrying the momentum the project has...so I need a backer. Anyone want to help :) haha...even 10 dollars does the trick. I'll love you forever

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat May 14, 2011 12:32 am

I would have donated the other night but didn't feel like signing up for that site. I'll give it another look soon when I have some time..

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 am