I would have rather seen this M2 as a console

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

I would have rather seen this M2 as a console

Post by Calavera » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s18vrD_L90

(I don't know how to embed videos on this forum, it doesn't seem to support the [youtube] tag)

I was just thinking how cool would it have been if the Saturn was just a console version of the Model 2. If Sega could have made that and made it not cost a fortune like the Neo-Geo maybe Sega would still be around. We can only imagine. 8)

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Funny you should mention Neo Geo, I saw one, for the first time in my life in the flesh (so to speak), in a Cash Converters store today. It was the AES CD version and was £150!

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Neo-Geo is one console that I have never had much interest in. Perhaps the fact that I'm not that into fighting games might help that. I don't know, I've just never had any interest in owning a Neo-Geo.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 am

Uh.. The Neo-Geo has plenty of other action games, shooting games, arcade-sports games, platformers, and even a fair sum of top-down racing games.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 am

Austin wrote:Uh.. The Neo-Geo has plenty of other action games, shooting games, arcade-sports games, platformers, and even a fair sum of top-down racing games.
I know I've played Metal Slug and quite a few other Neo-Geo games on an emulator. I don't know why but I just have no interest in owning one unless I found one for super cheap.

Also... thread de-railed on the first reply! Thats gotta be a record. :lol:

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:12 am

Your loss.... :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 am

I can see how the Neo doesn't appeal to everyone. Although I've always wanted one, the machine really doesn't have much in the way of games w/depth. Arcade games have their place, and again I am a fan, but if you want to hunker down w/an epic rpg, a classic point n' click, a real sports sim, a long adventure, etc...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:45 am

Thankfully, Trev, we have other consoles to fill that void. :D

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 am

Trev wrote:I can see how the Neo doesn't appeal to everyone. Although I've always wanted one, the machine really doesn't have much in the way of games w/depth. Arcade games have their place, and again I am a fan, but if you want to hunker down w/an epic rpg, a classic point n' click, a real sports sim, a long adventure, etc...
Yeah I'm not saying the Neo-Geo doesn't have some great games but like you said they don't have much depth.