Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Post by phatrat1982 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 am

Just curious does this site have a Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube account that people can subscribe to? I was thinking that if not somebody should create a page for the site.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:58 am

No there isn't. To be fair, facebook and twitter are good for multicasting news out to the masses, 3DO at the stage at which it is, is more merely discussion. I don't see what a facebook page or twitter would bring aside from dilluting the forum discussion.

Is just my opinion.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 am

Yeah I agree with 3DOKid. I was thinking about creating a Facebook group but then thought.... why?! It would only be a very poor version of what is an excellent forum, so no point really. Maybe a page with some 3DO info and screens etc, something for 3DO fans to just "like" in this "like"-ing era that fascinates some people so much. Something that basically acts as a signpost for this place though, no discussions just a glowing advert for people to come here 8)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm

... :shock:

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:33 am

No you misunderstand what I was saying I think. You wouldn't allow further discussion on the Facebook page whoever maintains the site would just post updates whenever something major happens and you could just get people to like the page and post links to the entire network and you could attract more visitors. As for the twitter, yeah same thing mostly you just post maybe once or twice a day if there is any thing new to mention I don't know something to just maintain interest but disallow comments on both and just post links everywhere to the forums.

In the youtube page you upload a few demo videos and maybe some fan made tributes, interviews with developers, anything of interest to the community and again disallow comments but allow people to subscribe to the channel and post links to the other sites.

I just know lots of forums do it that way use the facebook to further promote the site by people randomly searching and liking stuff they like on FB eventually they stumble upon the page and click like and decide to check out the forum.

The twitter might be a bit much but a Youtube channel is great especially for posting tribute and promo videos plus any interviews or if anyone attends conventions you know stuff like that.

Just some suggestions.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 am

A youtube channel would be a good idea. Just finding the time to feed it I guess.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Well 3DOKID does have a YouTube channel..

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 am

phatrat1982 wrote: the site would just post updates whenever something major happens
TODAY IN THE NEWS

3DO! Still no longer exsists!

FINANCIAL NEWS

Trip owes money!

THE WEATHER

It's fricken hot! make sure your 3DO fan is still functioning! (if it has one!)

This just in!

ANOTHER THREAD DERAILED ON THE FORUMS TODAY! The Uber ban happy dictators (admins) are questioning the usual suspects and have their tire irons at the ready.

SPORTS!

Bitrate is attempting the worlds biggest stack of boxed 3do systems in the world. Record keepers still need to verify! Stay Tuned!

Double rainbow?

WhAT DoES iT MeaN!?

Tune In tommorow for our special report on the dictators (admins)! Do they sterilize those tire irons between beatings? Undercover cameras expose a behind the scenes look in the banning chambers!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 am

ROFL! :lol:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:20 am

:lol:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 am

Wanna see me new tire iron?

TASTE THE CHROME!!!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"