How are the controls for Creature Shock on the Saturn??...

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

How are the controls for Creature Shock on the Saturn??...

Post by dave4shmups » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm

This is a console that I'd like to pick up, and I'm wondering what the controls are like for Creature Shock: Special Edition-ie, are they as bad as the 3DO port?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: How are the controls for Creature Shock on the Saturn??.

Post by Austin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:25 am

dave4shmups wrote:This is a console that I'd like to pick up, and I'm wondering what the controls are like for Creature Shock: Special Edition-ie, are they as bad as the 3DO port?
Yep.

To be honest, it's not that the controls are "bad", so to say. It's that the window of opportunity to actually hit the sweet-spots of the FMV-$*$&@#s is way too small, not to mention they constantly bounce around the screen, making it worse..

I still want to try the CD-i version. Mouse support should make the game a breeze in comparison to all the versions that rely on d-pads..

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:57 pm

If anyone does pick up Creature Shock for the Saturn, I'd really like the specifics on what makes it a "special edition". I may end up grabbing it myself.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 am

I'd like to know that, too. Yeah, it really seems like you'd need a mouse to properly play this game. Too bad that the 3DO port doesn't support the 3DO mouse.