Mass Effect question...

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Mass Effect question...

Post by dave4shmups » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 pm

I have a 360, and REALLY want to play this game, but am personally turned off by some of the sexual content that is in it. So my question is this: can you avoid it in the game, or is there a mission (like in GTAIV) where you have to go through something like a strip club?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 pm

It's been so long since I have played the first Mass Effect. I would assume it is avoidable by not getting involved romantically with one of the other characters via the questions that come up. I really don't remember the content being bad though truthfully.

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 am

BryWI wrote:It's been so long since I have played the first Mass Effect. I would assume it is avoidable by not getting involved romantically with one of the other characters via the questions that come up. I really don't remember the content being bad though truthfully.
I would think that it would be avoidable due to game's dialog format.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 am

I really liked the original Mass Effect and I don't remember anything too bad. There is a blue alien dancer in the bar that has some risque moves but she is clothed, however skimpily, and it's not necessary to view.

There is a part in the game, which I can't remember if it's required to do or not, where you talk to a blue alien sort of prostitute thing or something. I believe it's more or less like a Vulcan mind-meld kind of thing, but I'm not entirely sure about that part. There isn't anything on screen though, so if that's your concern, that part is fine.

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 pm

FrumpleOrz wrote:I really liked the original Mass Effect and I don't remember anything too bad. There is a blue alien dancer in the bar that has some risque moves but she is clothed, however skimpily, and it's not necessary to view.

There is a part in the game, which I can't remember if it's required to do or not, where you talk to a blue alien sort of prostitute thing or something. I believe it's more or less like a Vulcan mind-meld kind of thing, but I'm not entirely sure about that part. There isn't anything on screen though, so if that's your concern, that part is fine.
OK, thanks! I appreciate it!