Neo Geo Gold X

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

vampyre mike
3DO ZERO USER

Neo Geo Gold X

Post by vampyre mike » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Kind of cool, seems to run off flash memory. You can dock the portable console and run it on your tv through the dock via HDMI or RCA cables.

It includes 20 original games, and ninja warriors if you do a pre order as well. =)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/13/neo- ... ease-date/

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:46 pm

OMG thats way cheaper than I thought it was going to be. And for all it comes with, it is quite a good deal. I WANT!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Unless they are going to release additional games for it, I'll pass.

I can already play SNK's greatest hits on my Tv & psp. Can also download stuff via VC or the Neo Geo Station (whose games are on sale this month for $3.49 ea.)

Initially I was excited for this, but w/o new content arriving I don't see the point. $200 for a system w/no future, who's games I already have access to on a variety of formats at cheaper prices ...

I'm still holding out hope that it will be supported.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:33 am

Only 20 games?? It sure as hell better have more coming out before it's release, 1/3 of those games suck and another 1/3 are just ok. I admit it's cool but for that price tag I could only see getting it for Last Resort. I might be a little less caring as I feel no want for portable versions of these, however make the controller compatible with the AES and you might convince me... with the addition of more games of course.

Thanks for the link BTW.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:42 am

They have been a little shady as to disclose exactly how games will be distributed. If the emulation on this thing is good and it takes some kind of compact flash media, I will be all over this. :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Austin wrote:... and it takes some kind of compact flash media, I will be all over this. :)
I might be more apt then because someone will figure out how to import games already dumped aka all of them.

I mean I'm sure this is more of a big deal for someone who doesn't already own the system but I have a MVS and a Japanese AES (looking to trade for a US model) already so it's not a huge deal for me.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

I am fairly certain that someone is going to figure out how to add more neo-geo games to the thing. It's probably already just using rom sets in some format. The thing is, will it have enough memory for the bigger/later games. Maybe I am just being hopeful though. I likely wont jump on this right away.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 am

the appeal for this item is as follows:
it's Neo Geo
It's officially licensed
Art is decent

Everything else about this console is dumb. It's a cheap handheld emulator. There are much better ones on the market at 1/3 the cost.
There will not be original content on this device. Blaze is allowed to stamp NeoGeo on it, but SNK is not touching it.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:05 pm

3DO Experience wrote:I might be more apt then because someone will figure out how to import games already dumped aka all of them.
Yep, basically. I'd love to play the games like Blazing Star again, but with a real Neo-Geo home stick, on my television.