xBox 360 audio channel confusion

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

xBox 360 audio channel confusion

Post by MegaData » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:36 am

Hi all,

I got an xBox 360 for Christmas, 2015. Yeah, it must be one of those "classic" systems if I have one, right? Anywho, I was noticing several of my games have audio channel confusion. Weird. I was thinking it was my set-up at first, but when the voices are in the wrong channel on level one and by level three they are in the correct channel... I just wonder how many game testers use headphones, or even check for this. I think of the five games I own, I've noticed this on at least three of them.

This post is brought to you by...

Aliens vs Predator*
Aliens : Colonial Marines*
Elder Scrolls : Skyrim*
Final Fantasy XIII
Ghostbusters

Anyone know if the Legendary version of Skyrim clears up this problem?
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Re: xBox 360 audio channel confusion

Post by Kyosho » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:48 am

I haven't played any of those games on 360, unfortunately. I've got one, but I'd rather play cross-platform games on PC if they're on there. However, all the games I played on 360 never had that issue. I'm a big headphone guy, myself. I played for the first several years with a VGA cable on a PC monitor and audio adapter to use headphones. And later switched to HDMI and used the headphone port on my TV. Might I ask how your audio is connected? Is it via HDMI, optical, or is it the red/white audio cables? Could be some weird issue where certain devs paid no attention to certain audio setups.