The Dark Knight Rises

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 am

What a boring film.

I had exactly the same feeling watching this, as I did watching Transformers 3.

1. I have no idea what's going on.
2. Why is it going on for so long?
3. My bum hurts.
4. Please make it stop.

They've done to Batman, what they did to 007. Too Serious, too dark, too boring, too full of trite emotions and all elements of fun have been removed.

What a load of cack.

Also Catwoman (seline) should have been played by Michelle Pfeiffer. Even at 50+ she's better looking and has more charm than Anne "quite possibly a piece of plastic" Hathaway.

meh,

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I guess you dont like Frank Miller's Batman then.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

I enjoyed the Dark Knight Rises, but will be the first to admit it was pretty unbelievable (as in unrealistic) at many points in the film. Typical pop-culture Hollywood affair, I suppose.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am

I hated it. I also hate that so many people liked it...

Bane holds a whole city hostage for months and plans to blue it up later? What? And the rest of the world just shrugs and ignores the problem?

So there's a jail with a wall to climb out of? Huh? Why is there a safety line? Is the jail worried about getting sued? Who is that guy who stands at the wall and tires that rope snugly to those that want to give it a go? Does he work for the jail?

I feel that everyone went easy on the movie because they love Batman. It reminds me of that last Indiana Jones movie in that sense.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 am

The Dark Knight Rises was better than I thought it would be. I had low expectations for it though, and just grabbed it from the Red Box on a whim for a buck, partly cause of this thread.

Bale has slowly grown on me, and he is my 2nd favorite Batman after Keaton. This film didn't give him much time as the Caped Crusader though, mostly just Bruce Wayne. The heavy dominated the script imo.

I don't think the change of direction of the Batman movies is very comprable to the Bond movies, though I can see why some might think it. Since Bale and Craig took over the iconic roles respectively, the films have seemed darker than those prior. I think it has more to due with how the humor is presented though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Overall i like the Bale Batman films, because they remind me most of Frank Miller's batman.. Dark, gritty and depressing. The way batman should be portrayed if you ask me.