Anyone play board games?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Anyone play board games?

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 am

Anyone here still play board games? I haven't for a while but I started playing again and now Tuesdays are board game night.

My favorite is The Video Board Game NIGHTMARE (known in other regions as Atmosfear) Played it in the early 90's and got every expansion pack including Nightmare IV from Canada (not released in the states) Then they made a second iteration called Atmosfear The Habingers, and a mail-in booster tape and an expansion pack Atmosfear The Soul Rangers, not totally sure if that was a Canadian only release but I couldn't find it anywhere here so I got it from Canada. Then Atmosfear The DVD game and a stand-alone sequel Khufu Atmosfear The Mummy. That only came out in Australia and England (I believe and not the whole UK), 3DOKid helped me secure that one.

Lately we've been playing Parker Brothers DUNE.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Anyone play board games?

Post by Austin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 am

I had Nightmare when I was a kid. It was a great game. I no longer have it though unfortunately, I think my parents may have donated it somewhere.

Years ago they made a new Atmosfear DVD version. A friend and I bought it and played it for a couple of nights. It seemed ok, but I don't recall it being as creepy as the original. I still have that one, complete and all.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 am

Yeah the new DVD one tries to be funny. It has interactivity but the original is my favorite.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm

I've been to the last 6 GenCon's. I have quite a stash of boardgames, though I'm having trouble finding enough time and friends for them. :(

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Anyone here still play board games? I haven't for a while but I started playing again and now Tuesdays are board game night.

My favorite is The Video Board Game NIGHTMARE (known in other regions as Atmosfear) Played it in the early 90's and got every expansion pack including Nightmare IV from Canada (not released in the states) Then they made a second iteration called Atmosfear The Habingers, and a mail-in booster tape and an expansion pack Atmosfear The Soul Rangers, not totally sure if that was a Canadian only release but I couldn't find it anywhere here so I got it from Canada. Then Atmosfear The DVD game and a stand-alone sequel Khufu Atmosfear The Mummy. That only came out in Australia and England (I believe and not the whole UK), 3DOKid helped me secure that one.

Lately we've been playing Parker Brothers DUNE.
Atmosfear was marketed to hell and back when i was kid. Didn't it need a VHS video?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 am

3DOKid wrote:Atmosfear was marketed to hell and back when i was kid. Didn't it need a VHS video?
Yes. A friend and I converted all the tapes to DVD years ago. I had some pretty good sources as well. Nightmare I - had a tape played only twice, Nightmare II - 1 to 3x, Nightmare III - no idea we used his tape as mine was worn to hell, Nightmare IV - 2 or 3x. Mind you, I got wise and started making copies and only used those. Atmosfear Habingers: 0X, Atmosfear Booster tape - no idea, played it several times before I made a duplicate but it's rather rare. Atmosfear Soul Rangers - 1x.

He did the capture and DVD authoring, I designed the menus, music, on screen rules, DVD covers and DVD-ROM content. I recently reworked the covers.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:37 pm

They are all on Youtube now. Some of the european ones are great. I never knew they made some many of these.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 am

Yup, now no one has to worry about not having a VCR. :D