Tandy VIS

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Tandy VIS

Post by CJZEPP » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:51 am

Does anyone actually own one? For some reason I have a craving to own one and display it. A system that did worse on the market then our personal favorite.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 9325 times
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: Tandy VIS

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 pm

I wouldn't mind having one just for the sake to check it out. They used to be fairly cheap, but I don't know what they sell for now. As far as I know there are less than 5 actual games for it, the rest being edutainment type software.

It has a funny old infomercial if you can find the full version online.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CJZEPP » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:13 am

I saw that infomercial, hilarious. There's a rumor that it is compatible with old PC games. I also emailed RadioShack of they happened to have any left just through forgotten inventory. Pic is what they told me.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (155.13 KiB) Viewed 9298 times
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:04 pm

I believe your image above is from my ebay auction. :) :) I sold a very complete system with about 30 titles a few years ago on ebay. It went for somewhere around $350 for reference.
I found the system manual sometime after this was sold, so if you were the winner, send me a PM. I think i still have it.

It's a complete dump of a system, but interesting as a novelty. Lynx Gold and Kings quest are about the only playable titles. The rest is edutainment and garbage.